Page 2 of 7
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:53 pm
by GoDucksTroll
I think Steele did everything right, based on what we know and considering the situation. We're definitely going to be a major factor here, especially if immediate eligibility is in his future.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:22 pm
by laxattack22
A much better and informative read in this article which does a good job of summarizing the character of Chris Steele and the disaster this is for UF.
Also bonus points awarded for it not being a Nemec link
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/flori ... he-gators/
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:30 pm
by RebelDuck
I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 pm
by wepto
RebelDuck wrote:I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
I thought that Oregon being one over the limit was based on The Oregonian's estimation that Ryan Day is on scholarship--but since that that information is not fully disclosed to the public, it's more of a 'best guess' than fact.
EDIT: But I easily could have misunderstood.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:59 pm
by jimmy12
So am now reading Steele was notnpart of any assault. No idea what’s true and not. Also hearing coach dante is all over him and it’s between ducks and usc.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm
by jimmy12
And heard Gemon Eaford is going in the portal
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:39 pm
by wepto
jimmy12 wrote:And heard Gemon Eaford is going in the portal
Woah, what's the story there? How can a guy sour on the program so much in like, 4 months?
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:47 pm
by maxduck
Neither linebacker coach (Cort Dennison and Jim Leavitt) is still with the program and there is a somewhat new defensive scheme. If true sorry to see him go.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 pm
by Phalanx
I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:39 pm
by jimmy12
Depends on his appeal
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm
by GrantDuck
Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
Given his appeal would be for a really good reason, it's likely the NCAA will deny it.

Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 pm
by rsbgduck
GrantDuck wrote:Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
Given his appeal would be for a really good reason, it's likely the NCAA will deny it.

Sad but very true
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:14 am
by Duckenstein
RebelDuck wrote:I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
Count on it
Players leave every year.
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 am
by Duckenstein
Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
They need to trim 1 guy before fall camp iirc
With Steele they'll need 2 med retirements or transfers
Re: Chris Steele
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm
by karlhungis
People keep talking about this as if he is coming. Is this happening or are people merely wishing it happened?