Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

droop10
Freshman
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Post by droop10 »

squintsdd wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.
He just stated last week he’d be interested if the Cowboys reached out.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by ducks5ever »

It really doesn't suck that much for Slick Willie. Embarrassing? Yes. Sucks? Absolutely no - this man won't have to work another day in his life after selling his snake oil. All I can says is a big thanks to Willie and FSU for proactively solving a problem down the road for us. I get frustrated with the play calling now sometimes but it helps to remember that it was a lot better than when we had Willie calling up run after run... after run. It's funny how he was doing the exact same thing to Akers lol.
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Post by squintsdd »

droop10 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.
He just stated last week he’d be interested if the Cowboys reached out.
Great, and what does that have to do with him having interest in USC or FSU, or vice versa? I get that this board is all about speculation, but it gets old reading the same crap in different threads when the man himself has said he has little interest in going back to coaching with the exception of MAYBE Dallas.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Post by nogerO »

brich75 wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Post by woundedknees »

nogerO wrote:
brich75 wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
Is spousal emasculation a health issue?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Post by brich75 »

woundedknees wrote:
nogerO wrote:
brich75 wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
Is spousal emasculation a health issue?
Lol, yes it absolutely is! Can lead to many illnesses including death
Image
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

When Urban quit Florida I genuinely thought it was due to health issues. As mentioned above though, under closer speculation though if was truly health reasons then it wouldn't matter it was the Ohio State job. There were two coaches spotted on the campus recruiting kids on the campus of Happy Valley the day the NCAA announced the probation, one was Urban Meyer, and the other was Lame Kiffin. The fact they would show up on the campus to recruit kids speaks to how much of a slime ball they both are. I would not trust Urban Meyer with anything he says. If I was a betting person he will be at USC or some other major program. Florida State might be interesting to him given the number of recruits in his back yard. Only time I will believe anything Urban says is when he officially turns down the USC job or another major job because of um health reasons.
lmduck

Taggart fired

Post by lmduck »

$17million buyout supposedly paid by alums.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Taggart fired

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:$17million buyout supposedly paid by alums.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even better is after the alumni raised 20 Million to get him out, the AD still has to say that the money raised is *NOT* for WT's Buyout (Its for the new coach, lol)

I also read that FSU still owes us like 1.3M to pay off South Florida when he left them for Eugene.
Image
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by Merganzer »

User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by greenyellow »

Image
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by nogerO »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
Alan
Senior
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
Lol! Too bad FSU gave him such a large buyout. Urb is going somewhere, he has left a trail of dirt everywhere he has been, he’s dirty but he does build power houses.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

WT is a hated man. Wow...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Freshman
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Post by droop10 »

In the ESPN article about the firing, something stood out to me. FSU offered Taggart the option to meet with the team after being terminated, and he declined. I understand being fired is difficult and it's probably the last thing anyone would want to do, but if you're selling these kids on being a father figure, etc., I feel like you have to suck it up and at least address the team. I think it's just further evidence that he only thinks about himself, and isn't really invested in the kids. Perhaps I'm biased, but I get the vibe that Cristobal is completely sincere in caring about the kids on his team, and I think it's a big part about why he's so successful in recruiting, and why the team buys into his vision.
Post Reply