Page 2 of 3
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:00 pm
by droop10
squintsdd wrote:droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.
He just stated last week he’d be interested if the Cowboys reached out.
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:12 pm
by ducks5ever
It really doesn't suck that much for Slick Willie. Embarrassing? Yes. Sucks? Absolutely no - this man won't have to work another day in his life after selling his snake oil. All I can says is a big thanks to Willie and FSU for proactively solving a problem down the road for us. I get frustrated with the play calling now sometimes but it helps to remember that it was a lot better than when we had Willie calling up run after run... after run. It's funny how he was doing the exact same thing to Akers lol.
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:28 pm
by squintsdd
droop10 wrote:squintsdd wrote:droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.
He just stated last week he’d be interested if the Cowboys reached out.
Great, and what does that have to do with him having interest in USC or FSU, or vice versa? I get that this board is all about speculation, but it gets old reading the same crap in different threads when the man himself has said he has little interest in going back to coaching with the exception of MAYBE Dallas.
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:38 pm
by nogerO
brich75 wrote:droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:51 pm
by woundedknees
nogerO wrote:brich75 wrote:droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
Is spousal emasculation a
health issue?
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:08 pm
by brich75
woundedknees wrote:nogerO wrote:brich75 wrote:droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Yeah health reasons, lol...
Is spousal emasculation a
health issue?
Lol, yes it absolutely is! Can lead to many illnesses including death
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm
by GoDucksIn09
When Urban quit Florida I genuinely thought it was due to health issues. As mentioned above though, under closer speculation though if was truly health reasons then it wouldn't matter it was the Ohio State job. There were two coaches spotted on the campus recruiting kids on the campus of Happy Valley the day the NCAA announced the probation, one was Urban Meyer, and the other was Lame Kiffin. The fact they would show up on the campus to recruit kids speaks to how much of a slime ball they both are. I would not trust Urban Meyer with anything he says. If I was a betting person he will be at USC or some other major program. Florida State might be interesting to him given the number of recruits in his back yard. Only time I will believe anything Urban says is when he officially turns down the USC job or another major job because of um health reasons.
Taggart fired
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:55 pm
by lmduck
$17million buyout supposedly paid by alums.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Taggart fired
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:55 pm
by Duck07
lmduck wrote:$17million buyout supposedly paid by alums.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even better is after the alumni raised 20 Million to get him out, the AD still has to say that the money raised is *NOT* for WT's Buyout (Its for the new coach, lol)
I also read that FSU still owes us like 1.3M to pay off South Florida when he left them for Eugene.
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:02 pm
by Merganzer
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 pm
by greenyellow
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 am
by nogerO
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am
by Alan
greenyellow wrote:
Lol! Too bad FSU gave him such a large buyout. Urb is going somewhere, he has left a trail of dirt everywhere he has been, he’s dirty but he does build power houses.
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 pm
by UOducksTK1
WT is a hated man. Wow...
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 pm
by droop10
In the ESPN article about the firing, something stood out to me. FSU offered Taggart the option to meet with the team after being terminated, and he declined. I understand being fired is difficult and it's probably the last thing anyone would want to do, but if you're selling these kids on being a father figure, etc., I feel like you have to suck it up and at least address the team. I think it's just further evidence that he only thinks about himself, and isn't really invested in the kids. Perhaps I'm biased, but I get the vibe that Cristobal is completely sincere in caring about the kids on his team, and I think it's a big part about why he's so successful in recruiting, and why the team buys into his vision.