Page 2 of 2
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:35 am
by StevensTechU
Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am
by karlhungis
StevensTechU wrote:Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
Why don't you want Smalls?
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 am
by lukeyrid13
Smalls isn't as good as Flowe, but of course we as fans should want him as would the coaching staff. That being said, I think the ship has sailed on him. He visited 5+ times last season and didn't visit once this year.
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm
by Phenom
I think Smalls is a top 200 recruit rather than a top 10 guy. He’s really raw.
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 pm
by StevensTechU
karlhungis wrote:StevensTechU wrote:Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
Why don't you want Smalls?
As Phenom posted, he is very raw. I think that linebacker is one of the easier* (no position is a perfect science) positions to scout and recruit, so you don't need to swing for the fences with a project but rather go get a guy who shows instincts with at least adequate athleticism. That, combined with what we already have in tow (Sewell, LaDuke, and possibly Flowe) makes it not a priority; use the spot for another position.
Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 pm
by DuckDuckJuice
Phenom wrote:I think Smalls is a top 200 recruit rather than a top 10 guy. He’s really raw.
A lot of UW fans say the same.