Page 2 of 5
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:37 am
by OregonFan4Life
alxtw wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote:Phalanx wrote:Addison didn't have elite top-end speed, but he was really good at getting open. Devon Allen..what a missed opportunity. Could have used him vs. Ohio State.
And Carrington...
Carrington was also fast and had that wiggle to get open. We could have also used Ifo.
Ifo was the biggest loss.
I know I made it clear I was a Helf hater, but I will never understand how your best defensive player, second best player on the team, could injure his ACL during practice before the freakin playoffs. I know there's bad luck and all, just makes me wonder what drill they were doing and if it was necessary.
I think Oregon would've beaten Ohio State if Ifo was healthy, cause then Dargan could've played like an extra LB rather than having to sit in coverage with the Freshman CB, forgot his name, who ended up transferring to PSU. Ifo and Hill could've covered on islands and Dargan could've provided run help to stop/slow down Zeke. My goodness, how many times do I revisit how Oregon should/could have won a national championship in multiple sports? Oregon is cursed. I'm sad now.
Back to the topic, I'd love to see Oregon have multiple lethal WR's, I don't think we've ever had that before. Multiple lethal WR's did wonders to USC for years, hope Oregon can gain that luxury and so far it looking very possible with how Mario & Co recruits.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:40 am
by wlduck
OregonFan4Life wrote:alxtw wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote:Phalanx wrote:Addison didn't have elite top-end speed, but he was really good at getting open. Devon Allen..what a missed opportunity. Could have used him vs. Ohio State.
And Carrington...
Carrington was also fast and had that wiggle to get open. We could have also used Ifo.
Ifo was the biggest loss.
I know I made it clear I was a Helf hater, but I will never understand how your best defensive player, second best player on the team, could injure his ACL during practice before the freakin playoffs. I know there's bad luck and all, just makes me wonder what drill they were doing and if it was necessary.
I think Oregon would've beaten Ohio State if Ifo was healthy, cause then Dargan could've played like an extra LB rather than having to sit in coverage with the Freshman CB, forgot his name, who ended up transferring to PSU. Ifo and Hill could've covered on islands and Dargan could've provided run help to stop/slow down Zeke. My goodness, how many times do I revisit how Oregon should/could have won a national championship in multiple sports? Oregon is cursed. I'm sad now.
Back to the topic, I'd love to see Oregon have multiple lethal WR's, I don't think we've ever had that before. Multiple lethal WR's did wonders to USC for years, hope Oregon can gain that luxury and so far it looking very possible with how Mario & Co recruits.
I believe it was stated it was a non contact injury. There are lots of things to blame Helf for, but that's a reach.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 am
by duckfan96
Yea can’t blame helf for that injury. It’s helf fault on those dropped passes in. Title
Game too
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 am
by GrantDuck
Coach Neal (who was sick about it) later described that IFO injury. It was basically a warm up drill they do every practice with no defender, where he just throws the ball towards the corner of the endzone and the DB needs to catch it or knock it down. Neal said it was the first time in like 40 years of football he's ever seen anyone get hurt on the drill.
Just a big fluke.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:31 am
by lukeyrid13
And sadly Ifo tore his: ACL, MCL and PCL I believe; not just his ACL.
Ifo lives in Hillsboro now and I have seen him around town multiple times. He was traning in Beaverton with a trainer that I know as of about a year or so ago with still hopes to return to the NFL but that may have been curbed by this point. He's always seemed super jovial at least whenever I see him.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:40 am
by UOducksTK1
lukeyrid13 wrote:And sadly Ifo tore his: ACL, MCL and PCL I believe; not just his ACL.
Ifo lives in Hillsboro now and I have seen him around town multiple times. He was traning in Beaverton with a trainer that I know as of about a year or so ago with still hopes to return to the NFL but that may have been curbed by this point. He's always seemed super jovial at least whenever I see him.
I went to physical therapy where he did physical therapy in Hillsboro. I saw him a few times and talked to him about his injury.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 pm
by nogerO
OregonFan4Life wrote:alxtw wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote:Phalanx wrote:Addison didn't have elite top-end speed, but he was really good at getting open. Devon Allen..what a missed opportunity. Could have used him vs. Ohio State.
And Carrington...
Carrington was also fast and had that wiggle to get open. We could have also used Ifo.
Ifo was the biggest loss.
I know I made it clear I was a Helf hater, but I will never understand how your best defensive player, second best player on the team, could injure his ACL during practice before the freakin playoffs. I know there's bad luck and all, just makes me wonder what drill they were doing and if it was necessary.
I think Oregon would've beaten Ohio State if Ifo was healthy, cause then Dargan could've played like an extra LB rather than having to sit in coverage with the Freshman CB, forgot his name, who ended up transferring to PSU. Ifo and Hill could've covered on islands and Dargan could've provided run help to stop/slow down Zeke. My goodness, how many times do I revisit how Oregon should/could have won a national championship in multiple sports? Oregon is cursed. I'm sad now.
Back to the topic, I'd love to see Oregon have multiple lethal WR's, I don't think we've ever had that before. Multiple lethal WR's did wonders to USC for years, hope Oregon can gain that luxury and so far it looking very possible with how Mario & Co recruits.
IF we could have found a way to tackle their QB on multiple 3 and longs where he rolled out and kept it and walked over our defenders to get the drive continuing first down was the reason we lost that game. Well that and the brain fart dropped passes...now I'm sad...again...thought I'd see a NC in some major sport before I checked out...
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:32 pm
by OregonFan4Life
I had no idea how unlucky Ifo's injury was. Oregon truly is cursed. We all thought it before but when Sabrina & the Lady Ducks didn't get a chance to go destroy all of the inferior competition in the NCAA tourney, that pretty much confirmed it. Which major team will break the curse first?
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:36 pm
by StevensTechU
Every time I check in on this thread, I learn a little bit more about Xavier Worthy.
hahah
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:14 pm
by alxtw
The thing that really killed us in the last decade was our lack of depth. We had good players but once they went down, we had no one nearly as good to step in. Ohio State was down to their third string QB and was still able to beat us in the NC.
It goes back to having annual top 10 recruiting classes and being to coach them up, which Mario is doing a good job now.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:08 am
by RanDux
The date on the title is incorrect; Worthy is announcing on June 27th.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:13 pm
by northbeachsf
RanDux wrote:The date on the title is incorrect; Worthy is announcing on June 27th.
Not anymore. Postponed indefinitely.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing July
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:30 pm
by RanDux
northbeachsf wrote:RanDux wrote:The date on the title is incorrect; Worthy is announcing on June 27th.
Not anymore. Postponed indefinitely.
I wonder why. He must be having second thoughts?
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing June
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:43 pm
by StevensTechU
Not typically good if you're the leader and there's a postponement. Could have definitely been hesitation from the ducks side, so who knows.
Re: 4 star WR Xavier Worthy receives UO CB (Announcing June
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:19 pm
by GoDucksIn09
No inside knowledge, but this probably means not committing to ducks.