Page 2 of 2
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 am
by jimmy12
Duck07 wrote:If JTT stays West it will be for the Ducks and the overriding reason why will be the simple fact that we just have more top-caliber players in our program and especially on Defense.
It's a lot easier to understand our recruiting if you think Mario as just USC Pete Carroll.
Wait.... what?
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:53 pm
by GoDucksIn09
I think the USC reference is in terms of how Pete Carroll dominated recruiting while at USC. Cristobal has been dominating recruiting at Oregon for the Pac 12. I believe that is why the reference. I think the only thing would say is so far Cristobal has not got 5 star players on both sides of the ball while at Oregon. I would like to see that change. I think he is definitely close to doing that but not quite there yet.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:19 am
by greenyellow
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think the USC reference is in terms of how Pete Carroll dominated recruiting while at USC. Cristobal has been dominating recruiting at Oregon for the Pac 12. I believe that is why the reference. I think the only thing would say is so far Cristobal has not got 5 star players on both sides of the ball while at Oregon. I would like to see that change. I think he is definitely close to doing that but not quite there yet.
What do you mean he's not gotten 5-star players on both sides of the ball? He's got WR Troy Franklin as his first 5-star offensive player and QB Ty Thompson may very well get his 5th star by the time the final rankings come out.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:01 am
by Duck07
jimmy12 wrote:Duck07 wrote:If JTT stays West it will be for the Ducks and the overriding reason why will be the simple fact that we just have more top-caliber players in our program and especially on Defense.
It's a lot easier to understand our recruiting if you think Mario as just USC Pete Carroll.
Wait.... what?
I thought it was pretty straight forward comparing Mario at Oregon Recruiting to Pete Carroll at USC?
I remember finishing 2nd on so many high profile recruits and guys who would have made great depth for us that instead ended up in LA the moment Pete walked into their house.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:19 am
by jimmy12
Your explanation was much clearer than your first post. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:03 pm
by GoDucksIn09
Point is well taken GW. I originally meant in the same year, but did not make that clear. This year if it holds out will be the first time we will have 5 star players on both sides of the ball. I am not sure if we have ever had that. I would still like JT to come to bolster the defense. It would be pretty unreal to have 3 consecutive years of a 5 star on defense. Maybe next year our goal should be multiple 5 star players on both sides of the ball in the same year. That would be pretty unreal.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:27 am
by GoDucksTroll
Update from Biggins: Ohio State, maybe Alabama, distant third Oregon.
JTT’s family doesn’t really talk to recruiting people, so who knows. Apparently Big Joe and JTT’s dad know each other from Samoa. Somewhat related: rumblings of Urban to Texas and him poaching some of his former assistants from Ohio State.
Re: J.T. Tuimoloau
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:00 pm
by greenyellow
Sounds like it may be down to a Alabama vs Oregon battle for Tuimoloau.