QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by thomas time »

there a video of Thornton working out and he had Oregon shirt and shorts on today
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by RanDux »

Isaiah announcing at 10:00 a.m. PST.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by RanDux »

RanDux wrote:Isaiah announcing at 10:00 a.m. PST.
Whelp, maybe it wasn't 10:00 a.m. after all.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by lukeyrid13 »

There was some confusion. He's announcing at 1 pacific, which folks thought meant 1 eastern since he's on the east coast
partytime1667
One Star Recruit
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by partytime1667 »

Quack!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Isaiah Brevard

Post by greenyellow »

Image
User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by FlDuckFan »

I like this pick up. Looks like a Moorhead grab to me.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40547
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon doing work! We are landing guys I’ve never heard of a week ago...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior
Posts: 4651
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by SuperDuck »

Woot!!!

Welcome to the Oregon family!!!
John 3:36
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by woundedknees »

Who needs fireworks?

Coach MC and company seem to be manufacturing their own!

Image

Image

Image
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by RanDux »

Congrats on your decision, Isaiah! Welcome to the flock! I am excited to watch you play the next 4 years!
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by GrantDuck »

Still need a burner at the WR spot.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by RanDux »

We have probably lost Xavier Worthy to Michigan, but we have gained Isaiah Brevard. I like the trade-off. Sure we lose Worthy's elite speed. However, we will still have McGee as a speed option. We gain a considerable size advantage with Brevard. He is 6-4 and 200 lbs., with potential to go up to 215 lbs. He is going to be a hand full. He will win jump balls over smaller CBs. And he sounds like a good kid (not saying that Worthy is not). Also, for what it is worth, he is the #140 player and #25 WR (.9383 rating), compared to Worthy as the #175 player and #32 WR (.9255 rating). Worthy could move up, though. Sure, I hope we can get both kids. But if we don't, I am really happy to have Isaiah Brevard. He is not a fall back. Kudos to Moorhead bringing him in!
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Watched his tape and think this is a good pickup as a 'role player' type, but think his rating is probably too high (.9383). He uses his body well and has strong hands, which will bode well at the college level because he'll be able to go over the top and win jump balls away from guys even when the coverage is tight. That said, his athleticism and speed aren't anything to write home about, so coverage is likely going to be tight a lot. Despite his composite being almost .94, 247 has him as an .88, and I'd probably say .86 after watching Juwan Johnson's high school tape and seeing how much more athletic Johnson was at that age. But I do think he'll be able to body a lot of defenders like a tight end would.

I'd take Worthy over Thornton or Brevard, so I hope that situation somehow turns around. A class of Worthy, Franklin, Ware-Hudson and Brevard would be the best since I don't know when.
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: QUACK! 2021 WR Isaiah Brevard commits

Post by GoDucks7 »

I have a weird feeling Worthy is going to eventually flame out. Seems like a kid with a really big ego. Did he even run the 40 after claiming he was going to run a 4.3? I got the same sense from watching Brevard's tape that he wasn't the quickest but the more I watch the more I like. Think he's going to be a really good one for us down the road.
Post Reply