Page 2 of 4

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:16 pm
by UOducksTK1
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:21 pm
by dd10snoop28
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:33 pm
by dd10snoop28
pezsez1 wrote:
So boycotting because of this?
First, what you just did is something I see so many white people do whenever this kind of thing happens. And, honest, I used to do the same thing. When the "hands up!" Ferguson shooting happened, I made all kinds of excuses for police that allowed me to ignore the actual problem -- that black men and boys are significantly more likely to be murdered by police in this country.

"But he had a record!" "But he didn't comply!" "But blah blah blah!"

Again, you're not listening.

No, the boycott isn't happening because of this one additional shooting.
The black kid in Ferguson attacked the officer. Ferguson was a total farce when it came to the public perception of what really happened. Go look at the police reports, physical evidence, and eyewitness testimonies. Brown - I think that was his name - attacked the officer and tried to take his gun from him.... Anyway, after they fought for a while Brown began to run away... did the officer shoot Brown when he was running with his hands in the air (which never happened) running in the other direction? Nope. After running a distance away, Brown turned and began to charge at the officer. This is when he was shot.

Textbook policing and slow on the trigger. Only pulled the trigger when his life was in danger. This prompted riots, burnings, condemnation from the president, a DOJ investigation, and what we now know as BLM. Interesting.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:33 pm
by UOducksTK1
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
13 unarmed blacks last year. FYI

Aren't you white? Did you know 215 white people have been shot to death by police so far in 2020? (110 black people)

Do you care about any of them?

62% of arrests for murder are done by blacks. That's alarmingly high for a group that makes up 13% of the population. Pesez- this does not justify in shooting where any person (black, white or anything else) does physically assault an officer. Agreed. However, your point dd that police will be more jumpy and cautious in areas of a high crime. And if that happens to be in a town I live in, great. If that happens to be my race, great. That's not racist, that's being smart and understanding the context of where you are and understanding what type of people commit crimes.

If it's racist, black women would be getting shot an arrested, and they are not. Are there racist cops where there are racist instances of evil. 100%. No doubt. But is very minor in the bigger picture. There are far greater evils in our world, and in our country, that should demand boycotts. This is not one of them.

Black lives do matter, so does pesez's life even though he's not black. And so does his newborn baby's life too. Congrats again btw.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:36 pm
by OregonFan4Life
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
Is it that unarmed African Americans are being murdered by officers at that high of a rate or did the media create that narrative which now results in that jumpiness?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:45 pm
by Everythingsducky
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
‘If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers...’ constantly, huh? 13 last year. It’s 13 too many for sure. It all starts in the home. If you give respect, you will receive respect. Some kids aren’t taught the basics unfortunately, and THAT seems to be a systemic problem.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:51 pm
by dd10snoop28
Everythingsducky wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
‘If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers...’ constantly, huh? 13 last year. It’s 13 too many for sure. It all starts in the home. If you give respect, you will receive respect. Some kids aren’t taught the basics unfortunately, and THAT seems to be a systemic problem.
Have you not seen all of the videos of black men and women being murdered by officers?

Trayvon Mar­tin, Laquan McDon­ald, Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Phi­lan­do Castile,Ezell Ford, Stephon Clark, San­dra Bland, Eric Gar­ner, Preasjon Reed, Ahmaud Arbery , Ata­tiana Jef­fer­son and Bre­on­na Tay­lor. The list goes on.

How can u not see that there is a problem?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 pm
by OregonFan4Life
dd10snoop28 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Bucks, Thunder, and Rockets are boycotting their games due to the Jacob Blake shooting, and the expectation is that the Lakers and Blazers will as well. 2020 can't get anymore wild. I am avoiding the NBA after they decided to add "Black Lives Matters" to the court, glad I did. Personally, this is way too political.
This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with your humanity and the evil of racism. Unarmed black men and women are being murdered left and right by police officers. Look at the stats!!!! How is that political? Or do you think that it's not worth the time to stand up for black people being murdered? Is that why you are against black people and think that death of black men is a "political"? You standing against black lives just goes to show that racism is still prevalent in our society.
First off, get off your high horse. Second, can you even prove what you're saying? Cause if you look at the stats, you will see that unarmed black men and women are not being murdered left and right; this is a media narrative. I don't want to see black people get murdered, but I also don't want anti-police rhetoric thrown in my face, especially since I was raised by a cop. There are some bad cops, but all cops aren't bad. Besides, BLM made this political when they endorsed Sanders and other Democratic candidates.

And my gosh, questioning my humanity cause I don't want to watch the NBA? Lol OK, I guess that discredits the thousands and thousands of dollars I put into poor African villages for a variety of reasons from giving clean water, giving Christmas presents, sponsoring diseased and poor children, and getting girls out of sex trafficking and into schools. You must be so woke to be able to make such an extreme judgment about my character based off of one post on an anonymous forum.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:57 pm
by UOducksTK1
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
‘If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers...’ constantly, huh? 13 last year. It’s 13 too many for sure. It all starts in the home. If you give respect, you will receive respect. Some kids aren’t taught the basics unfortunately, and THAT seems to be a systemic problem.
Have you not seen all of the videos of black men and women being murdered by officers?

Trayvon Mar­tin, Laquan McDon­ald, Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Phi­lan­do Castile,Ezell Ford, Stephon Clark, San­dra Bland, Eric Gar­ner, Preasjon Reed, Ahmaud Arbery , Ata­tiana Jef­fer­son and Bre­on­na Tay­lor. The list goes on.

How can u not see that there is a problem?
Pretty sure you're trolling, all your other posts previously have been against these arguments.

Go watch Brandon Tatum or another black male that is not a celebrity, the media, hollywood, a professional athlete, or famous musician give commentary on those situations. It'd take too long to hammer out the details of each one. PM me. I can send you links to analysis by a few different black men on these situations who disagree with you.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:58 pm
by greenyellow
I know people have a lot of strong, diverse opinions on the racial strife going on right now, but the personal attacks do need to stop. There's no need to impugn people's characters with no facts to back it up. Might need to separate out the stuff not specifically about the Blazers to keep this on-topic.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:00 pm
by OregonFan4Life
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
Listen, if your people were being muurdered by officers at a way higher rate per police encounter, wouldn't you be jumpy? If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers, wouldn't u have a tendency to run? The stats show that cops are a reflection of the racist soceity we live in. When are you going to join reality?
‘If your people were constantly being murdered when UNARMED, by officers...’ constantly, huh? 13 last year. It’s 13 too many for sure. It all starts in the home. If you give respect, you will receive respect. Some kids aren’t taught the basics unfortunately, and THAT seems to be a systemic problem.
Have you not seen all of the videos of black men and women being murdered by officers?

Trayvon Mar­tin, Laquan McDon­ald, Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Phi­lan­do Castile,Ezell Ford, Stephon Clark, San­dra Bland, Eric Gar­ner, Preasjon Reed, Ahmaud Arbery , Ata­tiana Jef­fer­son and Bre­on­na Tay­lor. The list goes on.

How can u not see that there is a problem?
I absolutely think there is a problem, but it's been blown out of proportion and has resulted in extreme hatred towards police officers which hits close to home cause I was raised by one. It doesn't help the cause when BLM members are threatening to rape and murder the wives of local police officers (heard that directly from a woman that is the wife of an officer that has received those threats). I'm all for police reform and ensuring police officers using their guns in more appropriate cases, but do you really think hatred and accusing anyone who disagrees with you of racism is going to help anything? The cause isn't bad, but the action certainly has been. And you may point out the BLM doesn't endorse that sort of hatred, but they've sure done nothing to stop it, and initially blamed "privileged white people" for it.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:00 pm
by UOducksTK1
greenyellow wrote:I know people have a lot of strong, diverse opinions on the racial strife going on right now, but the personal attacks do need to stop. There's no need to impugn people's characters with no facts to back it up. Might need to separate out the stuff not specifically about the Blazers to keep this on-topic.
Kinda tough too cuz NBA has brought politics into the discussion. Changing the scope of this thread. Sadly..

Maybe leave this one high-jacked to continue conversation. And create a new 2020ish-2021 thread?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:01 pm
by OregonFan4Life
greenyellow wrote:I know people have a lot of strong, diverse opinions on the racial strife going on right now, but the personal attacks do need to stop. There's no need to impugn people's characters with no facts to back it up. Might need to separate out the stuff not specifically about the Blazers to keep this on-topic.
Fair enough, I'll avoid getting personal in any further post.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:05 pm
by dd10snoop28
greenyellow wrote:I know people have a lot of strong, diverse opinions on the racial strife going on right now, but the personal attacks do need to stop. There's no need to impugn people's characters with no facts to back it up. Might need to separate out the stuff not specifically about the Blazers to keep this on-topic.
I don't know. If what BLM is saying is true, I don't think addressing the issue of "racism" head-on is a problem. O4FL said that BLM is a political issue. I think that is a totally inappropriate thing to say if the facts testify to the fact the black men/women are being murdered, targeted, arrested etc.. at a disproportionate rate compared to other races.

With that being said, the amount of data that we have regarding the issues I just mentioned is substantial enough to draw conclusions upon the issues. And anybody who did an empirical analysis of the data would conclude that police officers do not hold bias against black men/women.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:05 pm
by greenyellow
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I know people have a lot of strong, diverse opinions on the racial strife going on right now, but the personal attacks do need to stop. There's no need to impugn people's characters with no facts to back it up. Might need to separate out the stuff not specifically about the Blazers to keep this on-topic.
Kinda tough too cuz NBA has brought politics into the discussion. Changing the scope of this thread. Sadly..

Maybe leave this one high-jacked to continue conversation. And create a new 2020ish-2021 thread?
With how the discussion was structured, there was a pretty natural break in the discussions between the games and the protests. If/Once games do start up, the Blazers thread should be able to pick up fairly easily.