Page 2 of 2

Re: Rank the Top 5

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am
by droop10
lukeyrid13 wrote:Bruce Feldman and Stewart mandel both said on their podcast that the Pac-12 shouldn’t be considered with only 7 games played.

I think until we are 5 games in we won’t even be looked at. Fear mongering and our lackadaisical conference could do us in this year. And I don’t blame voters. Realistically, a 9-1 Georgia is probably more deserving than a 7-0 Oregon.
I may be in the minority here, but I don't want Oregon to win it this year, so I'd be perfectly fine being left out. If they had won a National Championship before, I'd view it differently, but I don't want the first one to be in this janky season. Also, selfishly I want to be in attendance when they do win that first one, which likely wouldn't be possible this year. That being said, had they played a full conference schedule, I might have felt differently.

Re: Rank the Top 5

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am
by OregonFan4Life
lukeyrid13 wrote:Bruce Feldman and Stewart mandel both said on their podcast that the Pac-12 shouldn’t be considered with only 7 games played.

I think until we are 5 games in we won’t even be looked at. Fear mongering and our lackadaisical conference could do us in this year. And I don’t blame voters. Realistically, a 9-1 Georgia is probably more deserving than a 7-0 Oregon.
How badly would that affect recruiting for Pac-12 teams, which outside of Oregon are already vastly underperforming? Would you rather go to a conference that wants to compete regardless and have a chance at a national championship? Or an elitist conference that thinks they are trend setters when in reality they're a laughing stock? It really is miraculous the success Cristobal is having with recruiting with Larry Scott doing everything in his power to hurt the Pac-12.

Re: Rank the Top 5

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 pm
by RanDux
droop10 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Bruce Feldman and Stewart mandel both said on their podcast that the Pac-12 shouldn’t be considered with only 7 games played.

I think until we are 5 games in we won’t even be looked at. Fear mongering and our lackadaisical conference could do us in this year. And I don’t blame voters. Realistically, a 9-1 Georgia is probably more deserving than a 7-0 Oregon.
I may be in the minority here, but I don't want Oregon to win it this year, so I'd be perfectly fine being left out. If they had won a National Championship before, I'd view it differently, but I don't want the first one to be in this janky season. Also, selfishly I want to be in attendance when they do win that first one, which likely wouldn't be possible this year. That being said, had they played a full conference schedule, I might have felt differently.
Why not both? It's okay to get a little greedy!

Re: Rank the Top 5

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm
by StevensTechU
Winning begets winning. Winning it this year improves the chances of seeing one in person another year.

Re: Rank the Top 5

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 pm
by droop10
StevensTechU wrote:Winning begets winning. Winning it this year improves the chances of seeing one in person another year.
Eh, but you never forget your first! Nobody is going to count this championship, especially if a team wins it that had a 7 game regular season. I don’t think we have to worry about it though. I don’t see this team winning it all. Next year’s team certainly has the potential.