Guesses on how this class ends?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Does anyone know if we’re interested in anyone In the transfer portal?
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ currently no

Scuttle that we may save 1-2 spots for the unknowns that will come over the next 6 months
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Transfer portal database with their recruiting ranking:

With the no sit transfers and year of free eligibility I’m sure that it will have some interesting players. Also it would make sense for some more Oregon players to put their name in.

Not sure what positions we’d need until all the dust settles. Maybe CB or safety? A running back? DL?

An interesting name I saw in there is our former DT commit out of JuCo, Mohamed Diallo. Played four games for Central Michigan this year and has 16 tackles, 7.5 TFL and 3 sacks - pretty impressive for only four games.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by StevensTechU »

Yea, I saw Diallo and was wondering.

CB is a definite need. We have no depth and only one sure starter. If we don't get transfers at cornerback, the alternative appears to be bait-and-switch wide receivers. At least so far, I haven't seen any sure-thing players in the portal at the position, though.

Not suggesting he's a possibility, but what is Jamie Newman doing now that JT Daniels appears to be the guy at Georgia?
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by HomeSickDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Yea, I saw Diallo and was wondering.

CB is a definite need. We have no depth and only one sure starter. If we don't get transfers at cornerback, the alternative appears to be bait-and-switch wide receivers. At least so far, I haven't seen any sure-thing players in the portal at the position, though.

Not suggesting he's a possibility, but what is Jamie Newman doing now that JT Daniels appears to be the guy at Georgia?
I think he opted out at the beginning of the season and said he was entering the draft. Don’t think we need a QB, especially if Brown stays and the others are developing. I could tell how the offense was more dynamic with a more mobile QB like brown. I think we’re more in need of defense if we get any transfers. CB, S, DT and maybe even a line backer for depth if we have room.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by StevensTechU »

Isaiah Rutherford, Notre Dame cornerback from Sacramento, hit the portal today. I don't love him. He was a guy who looked great as a high school sophomore leading to a 4* rating, but then didn't develop athletically any further and never really saw the field at ND. At this point, we need bodies, and can at least say he's been coached well, so I'd consider it.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by HomeSickDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Isaiah Rutherford, Notre Dame cornerback from Sacramento, hit the portal today. I don't love him. He was a guy who looked great as a high school sophomore leading to a 4* rating, but then didn't develop athletically any further and never really saw the field at ND. At this point, we need bodies, and can at least say he's been coached well, so I'd consider it.
Nigel knott is in there as well. Former Alabama cornerback who I believe ended up medically retiring. Sounds like he got back in to football and was on east carolina this past year but I don’t think was eligible to play. I think we were runner up for him out of high school.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by StevensTechU »

Nigel's dad played for Neal, I believe, and gave Oregon a shot. Doesn't really crossover with the current staff. I also just have no idea how good he is now. He tweeted that he is being pursued by a school in the CFP.
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by GrantDuck »

Recruiting has been too quiet the last few weeks.

We have done a good job so far, but really need Covid to end so we can get some kids to Eugene for some events. Hopefully by this summer the team can all be vaccinated.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by ncduck »

GrantDuck wrote:Recruiting has been to quiet the last few weeks.

We have done a good job so far, but really need Covid to end so we can get some kids to Eugene for some events. Hopefully by this summer the team can all be vaccinated.
It would help if the healthcare workers would get on board with taking the vaccine themselves.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Sounds like Oregon is now pursuing titus mokiao-atimalala, a 4 star athlete from Hawaii. He’s either a WR/S, but based on our need for DB’s I imagine we’re looking at him for S.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Sounds like Oregon is now pursuing titus mokiao-atimalala, a 4 star athlete from Hawaii. He’s either a WR/S, but based on our need for DB’s I imagine we’re looking at him for S.
I got bored and watched his highlights. They’re filmed using what I assume to be a potato and from the next town over, but the kid is a great athlete. Definitely a DB.

2022 kid, but Byron Cardwell’s teammate at St Augustine 6’4” 250 4-star DE Gracen Halton is committing on 1/27: https://247sports.com/player/gracen-halton-46097719/

Cardwell is committing on 1/25.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by jimmy12 »

2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by ncduck »

jimmy12 wrote:2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th
Thanks. Fingers crossed!
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Post by HomeSickDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th
Does anything change for Cardwell since the Auburn offer?
Post Reply