Page 2 of 3

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 am
by HomeSickDuck
Does anyone know if we’re interested in anyone In the transfer portal?

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:38 pm
by lukeyrid13
^ currently no

Scuttle that we may save 1-2 spots for the unknowns that will come over the next 6 months

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:42 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Transfer portal database with their recruiting ranking:

With the no sit transfers and year of free eligibility I’m sure that it will have some interesting players. Also it would make sense for some more Oregon players to put their name in.

Not sure what positions we’d need until all the dust settles. Maybe CB or safety? A running back? DL?

An interesting name I saw in there is our former DT commit out of JuCo, Mohamed Diallo. Played four games for Central Michigan this year and has 16 tackles, 7.5 TFL and 3 sacks - pretty impressive for only four games.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm
by StevensTechU
Yea, I saw Diallo and was wondering.

CB is a definite need. We have no depth and only one sure starter. If we don't get transfers at cornerback, the alternative appears to be bait-and-switch wide receivers. At least so far, I haven't seen any sure-thing players in the portal at the position, though.

Not suggesting he's a possibility, but what is Jamie Newman doing now that JT Daniels appears to be the guy at Georgia?

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:25 pm
by HomeSickDuck
StevensTechU wrote:Yea, I saw Diallo and was wondering.

CB is a definite need. We have no depth and only one sure starter. If we don't get transfers at cornerback, the alternative appears to be bait-and-switch wide receivers. At least so far, I haven't seen any sure-thing players in the portal at the position, though.

Not suggesting he's a possibility, but what is Jamie Newman doing now that JT Daniels appears to be the guy at Georgia?
I think he opted out at the beginning of the season and said he was entering the draft. Don’t think we need a QB, especially if Brown stays and the others are developing. I could tell how the offense was more dynamic with a more mobile QB like brown. I think we’re more in need of defense if we get any transfers. CB, S, DT and maybe even a line backer for depth if we have room.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:18 pm
by StevensTechU
Isaiah Rutherford, Notre Dame cornerback from Sacramento, hit the portal today. I don't love him. He was a guy who looked great as a high school sophomore leading to a 4* rating, but then didn't develop athletically any further and never really saw the field at ND. At this point, we need bodies, and can at least say he's been coached well, so I'd consider it.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:22 pm
by HomeSickDuck
StevensTechU wrote:Isaiah Rutherford, Notre Dame cornerback from Sacramento, hit the portal today. I don't love him. He was a guy who looked great as a high school sophomore leading to a 4* rating, but then didn't develop athletically any further and never really saw the field at ND. At this point, we need bodies, and can at least say he's been coached well, so I'd consider it.
Nigel knott is in there as well. Former Alabama cornerback who I believe ended up medically retiring. Sounds like he got back in to football and was on east carolina this past year but I don’t think was eligible to play. I think we were runner up for him out of high school.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:26 pm
by StevensTechU
Nigel's dad played for Neal, I believe, and gave Oregon a shot. Doesn't really crossover with the current staff. I also just have no idea how good he is now. He tweeted that he is being pursued by a school in the CFP.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:34 pm
by GrantDuck
Recruiting has been too quiet the last few weeks.

We have done a good job so far, but really need Covid to end so we can get some kids to Eugene for some events. Hopefully by this summer the team can all be vaccinated.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 pm
by ncduck
GrantDuck wrote:Recruiting has been to quiet the last few weeks.

We have done a good job so far, but really need Covid to end so we can get some kids to Eugene for some events. Hopefully by this summer the team can all be vaccinated.
It would help if the healthcare workers would get on board with taking the vaccine themselves.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:47 pm
by HomeSickDuck
Sounds like Oregon is now pursuing titus mokiao-atimalala, a 4 star athlete from Hawaii. He’s either a WR/S, but based on our need for DB’s I imagine we’re looking at him for S.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:33 pm
by GoDucksTroll
HomeSickDuck wrote:Sounds like Oregon is now pursuing titus mokiao-atimalala, a 4 star athlete from Hawaii. He’s either a WR/S, but based on our need for DB’s I imagine we’re looking at him for S.
I got bored and watched his highlights. They’re filmed using what I assume to be a potato and from the next town over, but the kid is a great athlete. Definitely a DB.

2022 kid, but Byron Cardwell’s teammate at St Augustine 6’4” 250 4-star DE Gracen Halton is committing on 1/27: https://247sports.com/player/gracen-halton-46097719/

Cardwell is committing on 1/25.

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 am
by jimmy12
2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:51 am
by ncduck
jimmy12 wrote:2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th
Thanks. Fingers crossed!

Re: Guesses on how this class ends?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm
by HomeSickDuck
jimmy12 wrote:2021-
Hearing the Ducks are solid on Jordan Moko and Byron Cardwell (jan 25). (Only two i know for now). Perkins is a mystery.

2022- Gracen Halten should quack on the 27th
Does anything change for Cardwell since the Auburn offer?