Page 2 of 3
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:31 pm
by alxtw
I read that it was 2mln guaranteed, and potentially worth more than 8mln NIL deal. It still a big amount and commitment unless he's a sure fire player like Kayvon, Clowney, Trevor Lawrence..etc.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm
by greenyellow
If he's getting that much, I can only imagine what Arch Manning will be getting.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:58 am
by squintsdd
greenyellow wrote:If he's getting that much, I can only imagine what Arch Manning will be getting.
Can't remember where I saw it, but I did see a little blip that it was manning that got this offer
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:17 am
by OregonFan4Life
Nico has committed to Tennessee, hard to beat $8,000,000.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:55 am
by northbeachsf
This is sooooo crazy! $8M....Wow
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:54 am
by spacefrog13x
NILs cant be performance or conditional in anyway. he can literally leave after his freshman year and collect another bag somewhere else, and there is nothing the boosters or Tennessee NIL can do.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:12 am
by DmoneyDuck
Good for him! Football is the shortest career span of the major professional sports and for Nico to land $8 right off the jump? He's basically set for life.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:37 am
by greenyellow
On to Rashada.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:06 pm
by pudgejeff
spacefrog13x wrote:NILs cant be performance or conditional in anyway. he can literally leave after his freshman year and collect another bag somewhere else, and there is nothing the boosters or Tennessee NIL can do.
I'm not sure they can't be conditional, but he will get the first year of it for sure.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:26 pm
by OregonFan4Life
pudgejeff wrote:spacefrog13x wrote:NILs cant be performance or conditional in anyway. he can literally leave after his freshman year and collect another bag somewhere else, and there is nothing the boosters or Tennessee NIL can do.
I'm not sure they can't be conditional, but he will get the first year of it for sure.
According to the NCAA rules they can’t be quid pro quo so technically he could sign the NIL deal and go anywhere else. If this NIL deal is contingent that he goes to Tennessee then it’s a direct violation of NCAA rules. But who are we kidding, when has the SEC respected the NCAA rules in the past? All the NIL is doing is making it easier for schools to pay to play.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm
by nogerO
DmoneyDuck wrote:Good for him! Football is the shortest career span of the major professional sports and for Nico to land $8 right off the jump? He's basically set for life.
You would hope. But there's a lot of instant millionaires who wound up broke pretty quickly...
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:17 pm
by Quietduck
NBA, NFL 60%+- broke ( or in financial trouble) within two years of retirement.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:02 pm
by spacefrog13x
Quietduck wrote:NBA, NFL 60%+- broke ( or in financial trouble) within two years of retirement.
that stat is pulled from a 2009 SI article, but I agree its probably significant.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:49 pm
by Duck07
spacefrog13x wrote:Quietduck wrote:NBA, NFL 60%+- broke ( or in financial trouble) within two years of retirement.
that stat is pulled from a 2009 SI article, but I agree its probably significant.
It's also not relevant in any way other than being a hater.
Re: Nico2Eugene?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm
by Quietduck
Hater? nope if they get the money and survive I'll cheer for them but the facts show that most who get the money get hurt and I would love to figure out a way to keep them from getting hurt.