19-49 Ducks so far, with 1:51 to play in the first half. Looking exactly as you'd think - Ducks are more polished, more athletic. Bittle has hit some deep shots and grabbed some strong boards. Wur getting some good minutes. Not sure if he's ready for primetime yet, but definitely getting closer. The announcer has referenced deltoids three times so far, which is a statistic I didn't plan on keeping.
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:43 pm
by StevensTechU
Ducks keep pace in the second half and win 102-48. Game ends with 4 deltoid references by the announcer.
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:02 pm
by greenyellow
It'd be interesting to hear why Dante didn't play today.
Here's the link for those wanting it as the game is just about to start:
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:46 pm
by StevensTechU
Whew. That reminded me of all those unexplainable games from the '21-'22 season that I hoped to never re-live. Glad my wife didn't watch it with me (she went to Ottawa) and I probably won't tell her the result unless she forces me to.
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:40 pm
by greenyellow
Not sure we can jump to many conclusions with Dante missing and Tyrone Williams not joining the team yet. Plus it looked like Altman was doing some weird substitutions and lineups at times and the rules they were playing with (24 second shot clocks and quarters) are not indicative of what they'll play with during the season. I will say that Guerrier and Bittle looked good but the guard/wings didn't play all that well. I liked what I saw from Ethan Butler as he was rebounding well and doing a lot of the dirty work.
Well I was planning on watching the replay tonight but maybe I won’t now lol
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:11 pm
by GrantDuck
I've watched both games.
Very quick thoughts:
PG: Richardson/Barthelemy B; Barthelemy has a crazy top gear.
Wings: F. We don't have a single decent wing, seriously. They all suck out loud. Soares, Cousinard, brick city. None can shoot and lazy inconsistent defense. Can Mookie just re-classify and play now?
Forwards: A Bittle is a heck of a lot better. Guerrier is a stud. Ware looks like a baby deer that needs to BEND HIS KNEES! Dante will be improved when he can play.
Ceiling for this team with these wings is round of 32. Hoping the JuCo kid coming in can play, because he is a wing. Will hold off on further eval until then.
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:18 pm
by Ghost of Tajuan Porter
Did someone just call Quincy fucking Guerrier a stud? He’s a career 30% 3pt shooter that will inevitably lead the team in 3pt attempts this season. Too small and weak for the low block, too slow and underskilled for the perimeter.
I usually just lurk, but I created an account to respond to Quincy Guerrier being called a stud. He will limit the team’s potential until he’s gone. He’s an absolute scourge. I’m an atheist, but I literally prayed to god for the first time in my life after last season, asking for Guerrier’s departure.
Re: MBB to do foreign tour in Canada
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:22 pm
by GrantDuck
And other than our wings sucking out loud, don't pay much attention to the final score. We played Reichel and Luk Wor and random rotations a ton.