Page 2 of 2

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:15 pm
by greenyellow
Worst time for Oregon to pull another disappearing act in the 2nd half before making a late to run to make it look respectable. It was just like their earlier games against UCLA and Stanford where they played good 1st halves but did nothing until the last couple minutes. Big missed opportunity for them to get a statement win at home before facing the bottom of the conference the next three weeks.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:29 pm
by UOducksTK1
Honestly, I think Oregon needs to win the rest of their regular season games or win the PAC-12 tournament at this point to make it in..

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:43 pm
by greenyellow
UOducksTK1 wrote:Honestly, I think Oregon needs to win the rest of their regular season games or win the PAC-12 tournament at this point to make it in..
I'd say they need to win all 5 remaining regular season games and likely 2 conference tournament games. If they drop even one regular season game, they have to win the conference tournament.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:00 pm
by Everythingsducky
Another absolute ZERO game from Richardson. Dude is a turtle, and cowers into his shell far too often. Like Walton mentioned, you wish you could get more consistency. Dude is going to play the most games ever as a Duck. And I have never been so frustrated with a players effort over that span. Bring in the new blood please. Even though he has had his moments over the years, I will never put him in the upper echelon of Duck players. Stats don’t tell the story.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:21 pm
by Tray Dub
Everythingsducky wrote:Another absolute ZERO game from Richardson. Dude is a turtle, and cowers into his shell far too often. Like Walton mentioned, you wish you could get more consistency. Dude is going to play the most games ever as a Duck. And I have never been so frustrated with a players effort over that span. Bring in the new blood please. Even though he has had his moments over the years, I will never put him in the upper echelon of Duck players. Stats don’t tell the story.
No question he isn't in the upper echelon. The teams he was top dog on were far too disappointing. He's a young dude and a decent (though not great) player so I don't want to be too hard on him, but yeah, he's pretty far from the greats.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 am
by rockthief
Everythingsducky wrote:Another absolute ZERO game from Richardson. Dude is a turtle, and cowers into his shell far too often. Like Walton mentioned, you wish you could get more consistency. Dude is going to play the most games ever as a Duck. And I have never been so frustrated with a players effort over that span. Bring in the new blood please. Even though he has had his moments over the years, I will never put him in the upper echelon of Duck players. Stats don’t tell the story.
Oh I agree. He does not have the big IT, fades away often and is a lousy shooter. I expected improvement and leadership this season but that was a fruitless expectation. How about he stops throwing up threes to little avail, and get the ball (assists)to the guys inside. Another thought would be to bench him and get a younger player a bunch of time.

I can see this team making the Sweet Sixteen and I can see it getting blown out in the first game of the NIT.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:20 pm
by droop10
rockthief wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Another absolute ZERO game from Richardson. Dude is a turtle, and cowers into his shell far too often. Like Walton mentioned, you wish you could get more consistency. Dude is going to play the most games ever as a Duck. And I have never been so frustrated with a players effort over that span. Bring in the new blood please. Even though he has had his moments over the years, I will never put him in the upper echelon of Duck players. Stats don’t tell the story.
Oh I agree. He does not have the big IT, fades away often and is a lousy shooter. I expected improvement and leadership this season but that was a fruitless expectation. How about he stops throwing up threes to little avail, and get the ball (assists)to the guys inside. Another thought would be to bench him and get a younger player a bunch of time.

I can see this team making the Sweet Sixteen and I can see it getting blown out in the first game of the NIT.
This is an overly harsh criticism of Richardson. He does have the random games where he disappears, which are frustrating, but calling him a lousy shooter isn’t accurate. He’s had multiple seasons where he shot over 40% from 3. He has struggled since the end of last season for some reason that I can’t explain, because the 3 seasons prior he had been a big weapon from 3. He’s also 2nd in the PAC-12 in assists, so one could say he does get the ball to the guys on the inside. If anything, he’s not aggressive enough in my opinion.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 am
by GrantDuck
This was one of the more disappointing games I've had as an Oregon basketball fan in a few years. Mainly because growing up, UCLA game was always a HUGE game and Oregon almost always beat them at home when they were really good, even in the Walton years, but also we beat them when they last won the NCAA title as well.

I actually let myself get hyped up for the game and the first half went well.

To not show up like that in the 2nd half and have Will Richardson be just a complete no show, combined with the lackluster crowd, it was just a real bummer of a game as a long time fan. First play of the 2nd half, Altman runs a perfect set to get Richardson a WIDE OPEN look...CLANG, not even that close.

I've given Will lots of excuses(mono), etc over the years, but I'm convinced he's a pothead or a headcase or both. Never seen someone's shooting regress so much from him shooting 40% to being completely unable to hit wide open 3's.

Side note: Dante needs to develop a face up game against bigger guys that he's quicker than. He's one of the best bigs we've had at Oregon, but still some holes in his game. Doesn't help though that we're surrounding him with a team of absolute brick layers(outside of Cousinard)! Can you imagine him with guys like Joe Young shooting outside?!?

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:02 am
by Duck07
GrantDuck wrote:I've given Will lots of excuses(mono), etc over the years, but I'm convinced he's a pothead or a headcase or both. Never seen someone's shooting regress so much from him shooting 40% to being completely unable to hit wide open 3's.
:lol: What a joke

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:30 pm
by northbeachsf
UOducksTK1 wrote:Honestly, I think Oregon needs to win the rest of their regular season games or win the PAC-12 tournament at this point to make it in..

I don't see any path right now without winning the conference tournament. Their NET ranking is 51 right now and will continue to erode against conference bottom feeders over the next 5 games. Even if they win all 5 games, the NET ranking is going to likely drop about 10 spots. The RPI is currently 67, about 11 points lower than the typical bid cut line. Combine that with double-digit losses, only three Q1 wins, and multiple Q3 losses and the Ducks are out.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:40 pm
by UOducksTK1
northbeachsf wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Honestly, I think Oregon needs to win the rest of their regular season games or win the PAC-12 tournament at this point to make it in..

I don't see any path right now without winning the conference tournament. Their NET ranking is 51 right now and will continue to erode against conference bottom feeders over the next 5 games. Even if they win all 5 games, the NET ranking is going to likely drop about 10 spots. The RPI is currently 67, about 11 points lower than the typical bid cut line. Combine that with double-digit losses, only three Q1 wins, and multiple Q3 losses and the Ducks are out.
I'm banking on SOS and the fact we had so many injuries in our early losses. If teams is healthy and playing strong to the finish, I see us getting a nod even with a lower NET ranking.

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:30 pm
by dd10snoop28
can't wait for Bronny James

Re: MBB: #7 UCLA @ Oregon (Feb. 11, Sat 7 PM ESPN)

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:28 pm
by northbeachsf
UOducksTK1 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Honestly, I think Oregon needs to win the rest of their regular season games or win the PAC-12 tournament at this point to make it in..

I don't see any path right now without winning the conference tournament. Their NET ranking is 51 right now and will continue to erode against conference bottom feeders over the next 5 games. Even if they win all 5 games, the NET ranking is going to likely drop about 10 spots. The RPI is currently 67, about 11 points lower than the typical bid cut line. Combine that with double-digit losses, only three Q1 wins, and multiple Q3 losses and the Ducks are out.
I'm banking on SOS and the fact we had so many injuries in our early losses. If teams is healthy and playing strong to the finish, I see us getting a nod even with a lower NET ranking.

ASU did make it in one year with a NET of 63. We are now showing as the first team out on the latest ESPN bracketology update.

The big question, can this team win the next 5 games in a row plus 1 or 2 in the conference tourney? I don't see it, but maybe I guess.