#6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: #6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 posted that he didn't see the Ducks losing focus and that's what I was agreeing with. Sure, I suppose ASU could come up with a phenomenal effort to upend the Ducks, and I guess we'd just have to tip our hats to them (even though we wouldn't be in any mood to!). But I don't think it would be because the Ducks overlooked them or weren't prepared or whatever.

I'm reminded of 1994. After the Pick and maybe especially after we then beat a very good Arizona team, it became clear that we "controlled our own destiny" to the league championship and the Rose Bowl (that they hadn't been to in about 35 years). So of course that led to great angst among the Duck faithful that "something" would go wrong, that we'd screw up and lose to a team we shouldn't lose to (I think famous Duck alum Ahmad Rashad may have publicly mentioned his worry at the time). But I recall Coach Brooks, apparently reacting to the Duck fan angst, basically just saying he was beyond such concerns with his team and that if the Ducks lose, they lose, but it won't be because his team isn't ready to play well in the remaining regular season games. And of course the rest is history. The consistency of this team gives me the same kind of confidence.

It's not that I have no worry about the outcome. I just think that the talent gap is too significant and the Ducks are playing too well for me to get into terror mode. And I don't see how that would help things if I did.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Also read that pretty much everyone practiced today including those who left the USC game with injuries... Florence, Jackson, etc.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yes, that was excellent news.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Oregon with injured Jackson/Florence competes for a PAC12 championship.
Oregon with healthy Jackson/Florence competes for a national championship.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

73duck wrote:Oregon with injured Jackson/Florence competes for a PAC12 championship.
To be honest, I don't know if Florence is better than Bridges right now. I'd also say that Nikko Reed is in the conversation, though neither guy has Florence's upside. Losing Jackson is a materially bigger hit, IMO.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I thought Bridges looked really good against USC. He got picked on, for sure, but for the most part he was playing as good as defense as could possibly be played. It's just tough to come out on top when it's Caleb Williams throwing the ball.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Looks like Rashada will be back this Saturday and will play against Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Rashada will be back this Saturday and will play against Oregon.
Is he expected to play or has just started practicing?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Rashada will be back this Saturday and will play against Oregon.
Is he expected to play or has just started practicing?
Well I am sure they will be very coy about it but guessing Oregon prepares for all options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

73duck wrote:Oregon with injured Jackson/Florence competes for a PAC12 championship.
I like Khyree but he hasn't shown up against elite competition. I don't how the 2 are related but when he faces elite competition (UW/USC), he doesn't play too well and he left both early with an injury. Of course, maybe it's because he was injured but if it happened during the game, it doesn't explain his weak play while he was in the game.

I haven't seen Florence's name too much and usually that's a good thing. I think he's picked up a few PI's here and there but I want to say he did a decent job against both UW/USC
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I don't care if Rashada plays because of the pressures we're creating are causing so much havoc for QBs to deal with.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

ducks5ever wrote:
I like Khyree but he hasn't shown up against elite competition. I don't how the 2 are related but when he faces elite competition (UW/USC), he doesn't play too well and he left both early with an injury. Of course, maybe it's because he was injured but if it happened during the game, it doesn't explain his weak play while he was in the game.

I haven't seen Florence's name too much and usually that's a good thing. I think he's picked up a few PI's here and there but I want to say he did a decent job against both UW/USC
Hmmm- this is an interesting take because some of the pundits, Crepea included consider Khyree one of the top DBs in the conference.

Form James Crepea -

6) Khyree Jackson is definitely the best corner in the Pac-12

It’s no longer debatable. Jackson’s production is not how to assess this, though until his shoulder injury against Washington, it was exceptional as well. The best opposing quarterbacks are not testing him consistently. Instead, they’re taking aim elsewhere. With the exception of one pass by Michael Penix, Jackson is not giving up significant plays.

Caleb Williams barely looked his way, with a 9-yard completion on a third down on the final drive of the first half being the true instance of Jackson being targeted all game before he left with an injury, which appeared to be to his left shoulder again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Line is 23.5.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine