Ernie is Delusional

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Ernie is Delusional

Post by oregontrack »

I disagree that Few is off the table.

Few turning down Kilkenny's offer last year just shows that he didn't feel like screwing a fellow coach out of a job. Not involving himself in that backroom deal is called integrity. If there's actually an opening this time around -- which there was not last year -- nobody knows how it would go.
ImageImageImageImageImage
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I don't know why we are waiting until after the season to fire this guy...he needs to go now and let Dunlap take over until the new coach arrives because this type of performance and his delusion is unacceptable!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

its delusional to expect two midget point guards to be able to effectively break a 1-3-1 zone filled with tall, long defenders. i find it funny that jeff aka marcus kent was the first to respond to this
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Duck07 wrote:its delusional to expect two midget point guards to be able to effectively break a 1-3-1 zone filled with tall, long defenders. i find it funny that jeff aka marcus kent was the first to respond to this
Who's fault is that? That would be Kent's fault for not recruiting a real PG, therefore he needs to go for his inability to properly recruit for each season's needs.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:its delusional to expect two midget point guards to be able to effectively break a 1-3-1 zone filled with tall, long defenders. i find it funny that jeff aka marcus kent was the first to respond to this
Funny since that has nothing to do with them not being able to break it...I agree it was frustrating watching them not be able to break it...but the one short PG had nothing to do with it...funny how you try to trash when you don't even know what you're talking about...and they wouldn't run the defense it it wasn't effective...and again I'm not saying it should be nearly as effective as it was...it was very frustrating to watch them sit and wait for the defense to trap them and not swing the ball, while bring three people to the top instead of having a shooter in the corner with the 2 guards out top...and even more frustrating that when they did penetrate it they tried to make the pass to the post which you don't make cause that's all the last defender is waiting for...there either needs to be the shooter in the corner to pass it to or you pull up and hit an 8 footer if your a guard or you lay it in if your a wing...Armstead finally figured it out at the very end of the game
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Funny since that has nothing to do with them not being able to break it...
really, how many passes were deflected by osu's d that were the result of midgets trying to pass the ball. Its fine to have Porter or Armstead out there against that zone, but not both. Thats why a lineup of Armstead, Humphrey, Wilson, Jacob and Dunigan would have worked the best. it gives you 6-5, 6-7, 6-8 and 6-10 out on the court with our small pgs. When Porter would pass to Armstead on the wing he'd just be swarmed be defenders and he couldn't dribble out or pass out of it. You replace him on the wing with Humphrey who's a foot taller and at this point a better shooter and the length of the defense doesn't effect the offense that much.

i don't know if this has been brought up yet, but osu had the exact same game plan against us and for the 2nd time, we looked helpless out there. thats on the coaches
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Funny since that has nothing to do with them not being able to break it...
really, how many passes were deflected by osu's d that were the result of midgets trying to pass the ball. Its fine to have Porter or Armstead out there against that zone, but not both. Thats why a lineup of Armstead, Humphrey, Wilson, Jacob and Dunigan would have worked the best. it gives you 6-5, 6-7, 6-8 and 6-10 out on the court with our small pgs. When Porter would pass to Armstead on the wing he'd just be swarmed be defenders and he couldn't dribble out or pass out of it. You replace him on the wing with Humphrey who's a foot taller and at this point a better shooter and the length of the defense doesn't effect the offense that much.

i don't know if this has been brought up yet, but osu had the exact same game plan against us and for the 2nd time, we looked helpless out there. thats on the coaches
Actually Singler works much better than Wilson...but it has to do with the 3 guys up top and not the height, and also the holding and waiting for the defenders to come to them...I'm not disagreeing with the assertion that either the gameplan or the execution was pitiful just disagreeing with the reasoning
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Just some perspective:
When I was in high school I coached CYO basketball. My team of 4th graders scored 36 points against a 1-3-1 trap defense in the championship game that year and recorded a win. Oregon managed 42?

The fact that EK continued to let Porter / Armstead pick up their dribble near the sidelines 50 feet from the basket and/or sit and WAIT to get trapped is mind boggling. I was screaming to the TV after the first 2 possessions for a TO. You have to either attack the basket or move the ball quickly before the trap comes. I am not sure if EK just didn't explain this to his guards or they just didnt get it, but either way EK has to call a TO and adjust or put players in the game that know how to handle the pressure. It is almost like EK is lashing back and trying to get fired. I know EK is not a great coach, but I doubt he is stupid. And that was just plain stupid last Saturday.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I just want a coach who can keep in state talent stay in Oregon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z131dM4O8Gc

Jones is ridiculous.
damn he is good, is he even looking at oregon?
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

I think only reason he like Oregon is because of Kent, Rumors or fact abt firing Kent that dropped Oregon Ducks out of his list.

I may be wrong about that.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Jones would be wise not to go to Oregon. His talent would be wasted and he wouldn't develop the way he would somewhere else like UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. I think someone like Mark Few would be able to get just as good of talent as Kent maybe better but more importantly he would be able to further develop the talent and coach the team to victories.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Um guys Jones hasnt dropped us yet....
And untill Kent gets fired wroten hasnt either
Return Of the Quack!
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Some current information

Post by soduck »

I was told via a will placed source that Kent will likely be let go before the Pac 10 tournament. At the end of the season. Dunlap to take over temporary head coach. Mark Few is a big target, but as stated previously he won't discuss the position until the job is vacant. And obviously Gonzaga is going to the tournament so he won't discuss it until they are out. Tubby Smith was also mentioned as a possible target. No surprises here, but before the tournament makes some sense, we will see. Bellotti is on board and Kilkenny still very involved and a very good friend of Few.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Some current information

Post by duckgrad99 »

soduck wrote:I was told via a will placed source that Kent will likely be let go before the Pac 10 tournament. At the end of the season. Dunlap to take over temporary head coach. Mark Few is a big target, but as stated previously he won't discuss the position until the job is vacant. And obviously Gonzaga is going to the tournament so he won't discuss it until they are out. Tubby Smith was also mentioned as a possible target. No surprises here, but before the tournament makes some sense, we will see. Bellotti is on board and Kilkenny still very involved and a very good friend of Few.

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it. So is there a chance that Dunlap would be the head coach next season, or does temporary just mean in the offseason until they find a new coach?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

In the past, Dunlap turned down the "Interim" HC job at Arizona, when it was obvious he wasn't a serious candidate for the permanent position.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!