Page 2 of 2

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:01 am
by UOducksTK1
BillM wrote:St. Johns is supposed to lead for Amir Garrett too.
Yep, I believe he's a silent commit to SJU right now. Who knew Lavin would be doing this much damage on the east coast?

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 am
by greenyellow
woundedknees wrote:Funny thing is, there seem to be decent players close to St. Johns who are being overlooked in favor of west coast kids.
It's funny that a school located near one of the biggest hotbeds of basketball talent probably won't be getting any recruits from that area. You would think that with Lavin being an announcer for the past 6-7 seasons, he would have cultivated more contacts in that area.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:54 pm
by duck92
My friend just left St Johns and said he worked hard to get the german kid admitted to STJU. I think they're after Pelle, also. Dunlap knows all these kids. I wonder if after a few years, we still battle with them for recruits.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:17 pm
by greenyellow
duck92 wrote:My friend just left St Johns and said he worked hard to get the german kid admitted to STJU. I think they're after Pelle, also. Dunlap knows all these kids. I wonder if after a few years, we still battle with them for recruits.
Wonder if Dunlap is trying to get back at Oregon by going after all the same kids?

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:28 pm
by duck92
Dunlap shouldn't have anything against us. We're paying him 400 k to coach at St Johns. He seems above a lot of the pettiness. He chose to have his desk in a storage room there. He just wants to coach, recruiting and media relations aren't his thing. He'll be a career assistant because of that.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 pm
by Tray Dub
I know from the very limited amount of inside info I'm privy to that Dunlap isn't on great terms with Oregon at all, but he's certainly not targeting kids to get back at the U of O.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:49 pm
by oregontrack
That seems odd. Not saying it's untrue at all, just saying that it would be odd for Dunlap to hold some sort of grudge. He was never, ever going to get a head coaching job here, unless the University was floating around empty promises I don't know why he'd be upset.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm
by greenyellow
Tray Dub wrote:I know from the very limited amount of inside info I'm privy to that Dunlap isn't on great terms with Oregon at all, but he's certainly not targeting kids to get back at the U of O.
But it seems odd that a school like St. John's is recruiting the same kids as Oregon, especially considering the built-in recruiting location of St. Johns.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
I'm sorry but a school isn't going to target & sign kids just to get at another school. Thats absurd. They're going after kids that they think will make them better, just like we are.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 am
by bellsduck
Gene Keady to help Lavin out at St. John's now.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 pm
by greenyellow
bellsduck wrote:Gene Keady to help Lavin out at St. John's now.
That is really going to help out since Keady is an absolute legend at Purdue. This is definitely a favor to Lavin since Keady gave Lavin an assistant job when he was first starting out.

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:59 pm
by dd10snoop28
Saw some highlights of the "Clash of the classes". It's a game between the best player in Oregon vs best players in Washington. The game included players like:

Jordan Tebbutt(Oregon target)
Kyle Wiltjer(Kentucky)
Austin Keumper(Oregon)
Brett Kingma(Oregon)
Andrew Andrews(Washington)
Tony Wroten(Washington)

Anyways, I was watching the highlights and there was a stretch in which Kingma hit 3 consecutive 3-pointers and the crowd/bench were going nuts. From what I heard he and Tony Wroten(42points/9rebs/7ast were the stars of the game).

Re: Recruits left on the board

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 pm
by greenyellow
dd10snoop28 wrote:Saw some highlights of the "Clash of the classes". It's a game between the best player in Oregon vs best players in Washington. The game included players like:

Jordan Tebbutt(Oregon target)
Kyle Wiltjer(Kentucky)
Austin Keumper(Oregon)
Brett Kingma(Oregon)
Andrew Andrews(Washington)
Tony Wroten(Washington)

Anyways, I was watching the highlights and there was a stretch in which Kingma hit 3 consecutive 3-pointers and the crowd/bench were going nuts. From what I heard he and Tony Wroten(42points/9rebs/7ast were the stars of the game).
Looks like Kingma can handle himself when playing against and with some top players. Sounds like he had the shooting touch that we've all seen in his highlight videos.