Page 2 of 2
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 am
by UOducksTK1
Our 3point shooting is really bad, I don't think Sim is going to ever step it up. 1-8 shooting and 0-4 from the arc.
But it's good to see Armstead and Catron have good games, they'll be key pieces in this season.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am
by oregontrack
Horrible, horrible game to watch. Officials completely took the wind out of this one, everything was a damn foul. Just let them play, for the love of god.
Took him a game and a half, but Armstead finally showed up. Good to see.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:00 am
by greenyellow
oregontrack wrote:Horrible, horrible game to watch. Officials completely took the wind out of this one, everything was a damn foul. Just let them play, for the love of god.
Took him a game and a half, but Armstead finally showed up. Good to see.
If they were Pac-10 refs, then that's to be expected. I don't know why the Pac-10 has some of the worst refs for both football and basketball.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 am
by OreDucks01284
Man, aren't we lucky that Armstead stayed with the team after rumors/or something abt him leaving team. We will be worst without him.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:36 pm
by buckmarkduck
I don't think it was a rumor, he was granted his release and he looked around, but decided to stay. But I do agree, it's great that he stayed.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:12 pm
by Duck07
UOducksTK1 wrote:Our 3point shooting is really bad, I don't think Sim is going to ever step it up. 1-8 shooting and 0-4 from the arc.
But it's good to see Armstead and Catron have good games, they'll be key pieces in this season.
How does Singler looking shooting the 3? It appears that having someone who can shoot to give balance to Catron and Armstead could do wonders. How has the D looked and anything yet on in-game adjustments?
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:28 pm
by woundedknees
Last season, spotty free throw shooting cost the Ducks some opportunities, as well as a lack of scoring inside.
Nice to see some positive changes.
Re: Denver @ Oregon
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:59 pm
by oregontrack
Duck07 wrote:UOducksTK1 wrote:Our 3point shooting is really bad, I don't think Sim is going to ever step it up. 1-8 shooting and 0-4 from the arc.
But it's good to see Armstead and Catron have good games, they'll be key pieces in this season.
How does Singler looking shooting the 3? It appears that having someone who can shoot to give balance to Catron and Armstead could do wonders. How has the D looked and anything yet on in-game adjustments?
Singler's looked good from downtown, 4/6 Friday and 1/2 last night. He's got the kind of form that I'm actually surprised when he misses. Strowbridge has started off slow (2/8) but I think better shot selection would do wonders for him. He, too, has a good looking shot, but he had Tajuan Porter-itis Friday. It looked like Altman got in his ear before last night, he passed up some bad shots and attempted two makeable treys (he made one).
I thought the overall defensive performance was horrific Friday, and terrible the first half yesterday. Denver was 7/8 from deep, and we were rarely in position to get a hand up. Much better in the second half. I like the full court press, and I think our effort is there, this team just isn't built to play great half court defense.