Page 11 of 11

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:21 pm
by bellsduck
StevensTechU wrote:I'm not really sure what folks are arguing. Do you not believe it's not "not a good look"?

So if Buckner and/or Armstead comes out and says UCLA DL coach > Oregon DL coach, you'd say that's a good look (or "not not a good look")?

I just went back to Graham's tweets and my lord that guy tweets a lot, but the relevant parts are that he retweeted a list of top DB coaches which features Donte Williams and hyped him up, followed by retweeting someone else saying that Donte is #1 (aka, better than Chance).

I don't disagree with anybody on understanding why. No shame on Graham. But it's definitely (in my opinion) a good idea for the new guy to build a relationship with those ex-players so their his recruiting asset and not someone else's.
I agree with this. Or maybe DW could respect that relationship that was built at UO with these players, or just respect the UO and what they did for him, and not pose for pictures with ex-Ducks wearing a USC shirt. I understand they'll be friends for life likely. But it is a bad look.

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 pm
by StevensTechU
Oh I fault Donte even less than I fault Thomas. Ex-coaches pumping up guys they coached somewhere else is as normal as fat guys playing center. I almost barf every time Scott Frost pretends like he didn't almost screw up the Justin Herbert recruitment but instead makes it look like he found him hiding out. I'm just pointing out what I think is obvious, that successful players are an asset and as a recruiter you gotta make them your asset.

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:22 am
by EncinitasDuck
Didn't we have some former Alabama players at a game or practice a while back supporting MC? I'm sure we were fine with that...

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:39 am
by spacefrog13x
StevensTechU wrote:Oh I fault Donte even less than I fault Thomas. Ex-coaches pumping up guys they coached somewhere else is as normal as fat guys playing center. I almost barf every time Scott Frost pretends like he didn't almost screw up the Justin Herbert recruitment but instead makes it look like he found him hiding out. I'm just pointing out what I think is obvious, that successful players are an asset and as a recruiter you gotta make them your asset.
what is the background on Frost screwing up the recruitment? From his time in Eugene I know he didnt exactly make a lot of friends at the local high schools.

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:46 am
by lukeyrid13
EncinitasDuck wrote:Didn't we have some former Alabama players at a game or practice a while back supporting MC? I'm sure we were fine with that...
Exactly

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:07 am
by StevensTechU
spacefrog13x wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Oh I fault Donte even less than I fault Thomas. Ex-coaches pumping up guys they coached somewhere else is as normal as fat guys playing center. I almost barf every time Scott Frost pretends like he didn't almost screw up the Justin Herbert recruitment but instead makes it look like he found him hiding out. I'm just pointing out what I think is obvious, that successful players are an asset and as a recruiter you gotta make them your asset.
what is the background on Frost screwing up the recruitment? From his time in Eugene I know he didnt exactly make a lot of friends at the local high schools.
Frost ended up with Herbert when his QB1 of the class got benched at his high school (Allen TX) in favor of a kid who went D2 or D3 so he started looking at other options really late in the cycle.

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:31 pm
by alxtw
StevensTechU wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Oh I fault Donte even less than I fault Thomas. Ex-coaches pumping up guys they coached somewhere else is as normal as fat guys playing center. I almost barf every time Scott Frost pretends like he didn't almost screw up the Justin Herbert recruitment but instead makes it look like he found him hiding out. I'm just pointing out what I think is obvious, that successful players are an asset and as a recruiter you gotta make them your asset.
what is the background on Frost screwing up the recruitment? From his time in Eugene I know he didnt exactly make a lot of friends at the local high schools.
Frost ended up with Herbert when his QB1 of the class got benched at his high school (Allen TX) in favor of a kid who went D2 or D3 so he started looking at other options really late in the cycle.
Didn't Frost also screw up/slow play the Tua recruitment?

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 pm
by lmduck
alxtw wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Oh I fault Donte even less than I fault Thomas. Ex-coaches pumping up guys they coached somewhere else is as normal as fat guys playing center. I almost barf every time Scott Frost pretends like he didn't almost screw up the Justin Herbert recruitment but instead makes it look like he found him hiding out. I'm just pointing out what I think is obvious, that successful players are an asset and as a recruiter you gotta make them your asset.
what is the background on Frost screwing up the recruitment? From his time in Eugene I know he didnt exactly make a lot of friends at the local high schools.
Frost ended up with Herbert when his QB1 of the class got benched at his high school (Allen TX) in favor of a kid who went D2 or D3 so he started looking at other options really late in the cycle.
Didn't Frost also screw up/slow play the Tua recruitment?
Not exactly. It was someone sharing something they were told by an Oregon ‘insider’ with regard to Tua and they were asked to keep it in the strictest of confidence. The person decided to share it and Tua’s parents were livid when they found out and basically removed Oregon from consideration after the information made it’s way around various social media sites.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: J.T.Tuimolau

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:13 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Regretting your choice yet JTT?