Page 13 of 14

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:30 am
by StevensTechU
Why would Mario travel to Miami to interview for the coaching job? I all but guarantee that if Miami was courting Cristobal, they'd come to him, not the other way around.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:24 am
by greenyellow
Certainly feels like at least half this class will decommit and then whoever gets the job will be scrambling to salvage the 2022 class.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:37 am
by dthomas=ddixon
greenyellow wrote:Certainly feels like at least half this class will decommit and then whoever gets the job will be scrambling to salvage the 2022 class.
Our only hope of finishing strong is hiring a coach that will bring the best of his current commits with him, ala Lincoln Riley. Wouldn’t hurt if he brought a couple transfers with him too.

And now that I’m thinking of it, I do miss the days of having coaches that had schemes and developmental abilities to create a sum greater than the individual parts. Never felt like we had that with Mario; we were always dependent on our talent winning for us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am
by chapelhillduck
Not great
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am
by chapelhillduck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:24 am
by greenyellow

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 am
by greenyellow

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:01 am
by greenyellow

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:11 am
by Duck07
I think Stay The Course might be the new slogan

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 am
by UOducksTK1
I feel like we will have a lot of decommits. It will depend on which assists leave, but I can see if a new coach comes in, that we'll have a lot of new assistants.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 am
by woundedknees
At this point, I believe the idea has shifted to replacing MC with a quality candidate, salvage who you can, but finding a way to hold on to as many current members of this team as possible...

Ty Thompson's tweet leaves me hopeful that young leadership can be an integral part of that process.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:48 am
by greenyellow

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:52 am
by Duck07
woundedknees wrote:At this point, I believe the idea has shifted to replacing MC with a quality candidate, salvage who you can, but finding a way to hold on to as many current members of this team as possible...

Ty Thompson's tweet leaves me hopeful that young leadership can be an integral part of that process.
I'd love to see that slogan take off with some of the young guys like Seven McGee, Jackson Powers-Johnson etc. The path to success as a team and individually is still here for them.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:09 pm
by woundedknees
As far as 'slogans' go, "JUST WIN" seems reasonable...

BEATS "Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust"!

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:29 pm
by GoDucksTroll
SuperDuck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Sounds like Moss is going on an official to USC. I wonder if these recruits are listening to the Mario to Miami talk.
I would hope they aren't. It's got to be tough on MC. I know because my Mom was sick for months while I lived out of state. Still, the season will be over in less than a month and I'm sure he'll be able to come and go as he pleases after that. Not knowing the extent of her illness makes it hard to assume anything, but we do know that Miami is in a shambles and there hasn't been any sign of the powers that be stepping up to commit to a rebuild of their facilities, etc.

Mario is sitting on a potential national title for years to come at Oregon. It's hard to imagine him wanting to step into that situation.
It turned out that Mario’s mother really was sick.

Sick and tired of the U football being such dog crap.