Re: Blazers 2023-2024 Thread
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:21 am
Oregon Ducks Sports Message Board Forum
https://ducksattack.com/forum/
While Portland will try to accommodate Dame's request, they aren't going to make it painless for any team hoping to get in on the sweepstakes. Since they control his contract for 3-4 more years, they don't have to move fast. I know they likely won't do it but they'd almost be better off waiting until the trade deadline to get a trade done.Duck07 wrote:Well for Cronin I think the only requirement in accepting a Lillard trade is what the single best asset that he can get back is. Whoever is offering the best young Forward or Center is going to be the highest priority in order to facilitate.
The Bucks could send Jrue and Portis straight up with future picks.
I'd completely f*** with Miami too and ask for Spoelstra in any Lillard trade. Make Riley coach that team.
I'm going to have to see results from this org to think that is possible first. Assuming they get fleeced seems like Occam's Razor to me with the benefit of hindsight of the last 10 days.greenyellow wrote:While Portland will try to accommodate Dame's request, they aren't going to make it painless for any team hoping to get in on the sweepstakes. Since they control his contract for 3-4 more years, they don't have to move fast. I know they likely won't do it but they'd almost be better off waiting until the trade deadline to get a trade done.Duck07 wrote:Well for Cronin I think the only requirement in accepting a Lillard trade is what the single best asset that he can get back is. Whoever is offering the best young Forward or Center is going to be the highest priority in order to facilitate.
The Bucks could send Jrue and Portis straight up with future picks.
I'd completely f*** with Miami too and ask for Spoelstra in any Lillard trade. Make Riley coach that team.
I get not having faith in the franchise with its current ownership and front office. They've proven they can tear it down but not that they can build it into a winner. The problem Portland has is that even with all the salary space that'll likely be open with Dame gone, they can't attract free agents that are actually worth a damn. That means they're going to have to get as many draft picks and young wings/posts as possible that could turn into something usable. Unless they get some decent trade pieces and Sharpe/Scoot/others blow up big, I foresee them being in the lottery at least 2-3 more years before we see any noticeable change.Duck07 wrote:I'm going to have to see results from this org to think that is possible first. Assuming they get fleeced seems like Occam's Razor to me with the benefit of hindsight of the last 10 days.greenyellow wrote:While Portland will try to accommodate Dame's request, they aren't going to make it painless for any team hoping to get in on the sweepstakes. Since they control his contract for 3-4 more years, they don't have to move fast. I know they likely won't do it but they'd almost be better off waiting until the trade deadline to get a trade done.Duck07 wrote:Well for Cronin I think the only requirement in accepting a Lillard trade is what the single best asset that he can get back is. Whoever is offering the best young Forward or Center is going to be the highest priority in order to facilitate.
The Bucks could send Jrue and Portis straight up with future picks.
I'd completely f*** with Miami too and ask for Spoelstra in any Lillard trade. Make Riley coach that team.
Dame should have gone to Orlando pre-draft.
Well, he can't yet, the actual free agent period doesn't open until 7/6.Duck07 wrote:I've seen it said that Grant may not have officially signed either.
They have to pay someone. I believe they will be able to trade it later.Phalanx wrote:Yeah, I'm probably wrong about the Grant deal; it looks like Cronin would do it anyway. I think that's really stupid on a rebuilding team, but apparently that part may not be Lillard's fault.
Grant is likely going to be gone sometime in the next 2 years. He'll be a trade piece for whenever Portland needs to make a deal to add another starter, more draft picks, or bench depth.Boom wrote:They have to pay someone. I believe they will be able to trade it later.Phalanx wrote:Yeah, I'm probably wrong about the Grant deal; it looks like Cronin would do it anyway. I think that's really stupid on a rebuilding team, but apparently that part may not be Lillard's fault.
Guessing just signing so they can trade and get something back.Phalanx wrote:Yeah, I'm probably wrong about the Grant deal; it looks like Cronin would do it anyway. I think that's really stupid on a rebuilding team, but apparently that part may not be Lillard's fault.