Page 14 of 17
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:52 pm
by 247DUCK
I thought kingofducks said Gaines was on tv comitting to Oregon??????

Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:53 pm
by alabamaduck
You can say whatever you want on TV, but until he faxes the LOI nothing is official
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:53 pm
by duckgrad99
Weird. Scout and rivals already list Gaines as an oregon verbal.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:53 pm
by Mops
he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 pm
by greenyellow
Mops wrote:he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.
Did he hold off because Oklahoma didn't get any more WRs and they may have some openings?
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 pm
by OreDucks01284
greenyellow wrote:Mops wrote:he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.
Did he hold off because Oklahoma didn't get any more WRs and they may have some openings?
good question, that might happen
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 pm
by duckgrad99
I would say that it's much more likely that Gaines would play right away with Oregon, and I couldn't say the same with Oklahoma.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm
by ghetarr2007
Just when this day couldn't have gone any better...I mean Gaines could easily step in and be the #1 WR on this team. But oh well, we will just have to wait and see. I have a feeling he will still choose Oregon, but who knows.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm
by woundedknees
"It aint over til it's over..."
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:26 pm
by Mops
I have no inside info and I am simply just thinking out loud here.
Gaines might have chosen Oregon s and he due the better chance of playing time. Instead Oklahoma missed out on some guyst and now he might be able to come in and play right awy for a school closer to home and one that returns the Heismen winner.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:28 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Mops wrote:I have no inside info and I am simply just thinking out loud here.
Gaines might have chosen Oregon s and he due the better chance of playing time. Instead Oklahoma missed out on some guyst and now he might be able to come in and play right awy for a school closer to home and one that returns the Heismen winner.
Bellotti said in his press conference that there are two WRs tht just have a few qulifying issues to work out & one of them should be resolved today. I would think he's talking about Gaines as the last one.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:29 pm
by Mops
And right after I post my last post I get a text from someone who I work with at 1320 the score here in Eugene.
"Gaines isnt on the list of commitments we got at the press conference so Bellotti can't talk about it. However, he did say the staff is working on 2 JC WRs that are dealing with NCAA academic issues but should be signing with Oregon soon."
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Mops wrote:And right after I post my last post I get a text from someone who I work with at 1320 the score here in Eugene.
"Gaines isnt on the list of commitments we got at the press conference so Bellotti can't talk about it. However, he did say the staff is working on 2 JC WRs that are dealing with NCAA academic issues but should be signing with Oregon soon."

Good stuff. I'm definitely relieved that Tuinei should be ok. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do.
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:32 pm
by BADuck
I hate to be cynical but the attorney in me says Gaines is gone. If he was hot and bothered by Oregon he would have pulled the trigger already. He probably feels dumb about committing this morning and then seeing oklahoma didn't get all their WRs decided to go there. My call 80% to oklahoma 20% he comes to Oregon. That was huge, because it would have allowed Harper to move RB. The Ducks are really going to need a great back for the 2010 season. I still can't believe they didn't push hard for a 4 or 5 star back other than Brown.
Took this class from being really good to just above average in my opinion. From a B+ to a B
Go Ducks
Re: Signing Day Thread
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm
by Mops
BADuck wrote:I hate to be cynical but the attorney in me says Gaines is gone. If he was hot and bothered by Oregon he would have pulled the trigger already. He probably feels dumb about committing this morning and then seeing oklahoma didn't get all their WRs decided to go there. My call 80% to oklahoma 20% he comes to Oregon. That was huge, because it would have allowed Harper to move RB. The Ducks are really going to need a great back for the 2010 season. I still can't believe they didn't push hard for a 4 or 5 star back other than Brown.
Took this class from being really good to just above average in my opinion. From a B+ to a B-
Go Ducks
It appears Gaines actually has some grade issues that are being worked out with the UO ED and should be signed shortly according to the presser from MB.