QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by rsbgduck »

Ok Duckies, the dude plays chess, if I would of known that I would of created my own crystal “egg” (yes it’s bedazzled because of my granddaughter) and said a 100% not going to Bama, FSU or that s*** hole they call the swamp (only good thing to come out of FU is Tim Tebow). Not knocking or stereotyping the South (would love to get on a department in Georgia, Louisiana or Texas) but they are not known for there powerhouse Chess clubs. I didn’t do much background checking or watch interviews because like most I didn’t want to get my hopes up. The more I read, listen and watch on this kid the more I like him, not just on the field but off as well. Seems to have his head on straight.
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by thomas time »

great day for ducks and us fans, can't wait to see who else we finish with in the early signing period!!!
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by jimmy12 »

rsbgduck wrote:Ok Duckies, the dude plays chess, if I would of known that I would of created my own crystal “egg” (yes it’s bedazzled because of my granddaughter) and said a 100% not going to Bama, FSU or that s*** hole they call the swamp (only good thing to come out of FU is Tim Tebow). Not knocking or stereotyping the South (would love to get on a department in Georgia, Louisiana or Texas) but they are not known for there powerhouse Chess clubs. I didn’t do much background checking or watch interviews because like most I didn’t want to get my hopes up. The more I read, listen and watch on this kid the more I like him, not just on the field but off as well. Seems to have his head on straight.
huh?
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by rsbgduck »

jimmy12 wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:Ok Duckies, the dude plays chess, if I would of known that I would of created my own crystal “egg” (yes it’s bedazzled because of my granddaughter) and said a 100% not going to Bama, FSU or that s*** hole they call the swamp (only good thing to come out of FU is Tim Tebow). Not knocking or stereotyping the South (would love to get on a department in Georgia, Louisiana or Texas) but they are not known for there powerhouse Chess clubs. I didn’t do much background checking or watch interviews because like most I didn’t want to get my hopes up. The more I read, listen and watch on this kid the more I like him, not just on the field but off as well. Seems to have his head on straight.
huh?
I seen an interview where he says he plays Chess and carries a Chessboard in his car. Thought it was pretty interesting, you don’t hear a lot of FB players talking about there chess game. If you like I can use the colors to explain.
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by Merganzer »

User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Anyone know if Kayvon is part Persian? Common name because it’s basicaly “Kevin.”
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by greenyellow »

Can we please stay on-topic please?
Image
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: Lake Oswego

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by Duckattack7 »

StevensTechU wrote:Anyone know if Kayvon is part Persian? Common name because it’s basicaly “Kevin.”
That would be dope but I don’t think so I couldn’t find anything on it.
Return Of the Quack!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by greenyellow »

At this point, without any confirmation and just looking at his family (didn't see anyone who looked Persian), I'd say they just liked the sound of the name.
Image
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by Phenom »

He wore a Mexican flag bandana on his visit.

Image
TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by TualatinDuck »

Wow, read through some of the FSU thread. Scorned woman syndrome.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by greenyellow »

Image
duckfan22
Senior
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by duckfan22 »

greenyellow wrote:
I really like him. Cant wait to watch him destroy whoever is at qb for the huskies.
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by brich75 »

Letter is in!
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Post by greenyellow »

Also got named USA Today's HS defensive player of the year:
Image
Post Reply