Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by nogerO »

DuckzRule wrote:
Alan wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:This has nothing to do with us, but apparently Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools are gonna have a meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, which may mean we won't go with them to that horrid conference. Also, if we join the Big 10, the home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State will be cancelled, in the later's case, hopefully it's replaced with an Alabama series, they will be cancelling an Oklahoma series in the same dates the Oregon vs. Ohio State series was gonna be played (2032 and 2033)
I wonder where that will leave the Beavers and Cougars? Mountain west? Yes I care
Well can't wait for bigger programs to bully the ever living **** out of Oregon State in one-off meetings.

Sorry for that message but I absolutely hate the Beavers' fandom.
^^^ COUNT ME IN.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:Forbes 2019 - CFB Most Valuable programs https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith ... 03a802a2e7

#14 Oregon
3 year avg Revenue - 96 Million
3 year avg Profit - 56 Million

#18 USC
3 year avg Revenue - 93 Million
3 year avg Profit - 52 Million

#19 UW
3 year avg Revenue - 92 Million
3 year avg Profit - 43 Million

Oregon would trail #3 Michigan, #5 Ohio State and #13 Penn State and rank 4th in the new B1G.
Good info, it does not look good for the PAC 12
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

nogerO wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:
Alan wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:This has nothing to do with us, but apparently Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools are gonna have a meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, which may mean we won't go with them to that horrid conference. Also, if we join the Big 10, the home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State will be cancelled, in the later's case, hopefully it's replaced with an Alabama series, they will be cancelling an Oklahoma series in the same dates the Oregon vs. Ohio State series was gonna be played (2032 and 2033)
I wonder where that will leave the Beavers and Cougars? Mountain west? Yes I care
Well can't wait for bigger programs to bully the ever living **** out of Oregon State in one-off meetings.

Sorry for that message but I absolutely hate the Beavers' fandom.
^^^ COUNT ME IN.
In case you mean the Beavs thing, YEAH!

Anyways, any new updates from experts out there?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
UW - B1G
WSU - Mountain West

Oregon - B1G
OSU - Mountain West

Cal - Mountain West
Stanford - B1G

Arizona - Big 12
Arizona State - Big 12

Utah - Big 12
Colorado - Big 12

It's possible a version of a New Pac comes out of this that merges with the Big 12 and possibly absorbs on a SD State/Fresno State/Boise State but the TV$ is going to pale in comparison to not even suggest its part of the big group. OSU and WSU are going to get screwed unless Oregon tries to save the Conference and that doesn't appear to be happening at all.
Thanks makes sense, I hate to see the down grade for the Beavs and cougs, thank you Larry Scott!
Kinda makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking bringing in that tennis dandy boy who had zero experience running a football conference into the ground. Worked well apparently... we shall see...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote: Kinda makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking bringing in that tennis dandy boy who had zero experience running a football conference into the ground. Worked well apparently... we shall see...
Oregon State's President in her initial reaction responded about Tier 1 Research Institutions and it was just so telling of why we got to this spot.

While the failure of Tom Hansen followed by Larry Scott is the primary cause, the various University President's and BOT are also responsible for this. Stanford has told the B1G that they'll take a reduction in $ just to get in because even that reduced amount is larger than whatever is coming for the "New Pac" or new Big 12 members.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:Also new bad rumors, there's apparently some people are claiming UO and UW will get to the Big 12.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!

The Big 12 is a crappy conference and the fact we would have to deal with bad teams like Kansas will be horrible

Actually, although it wouldn't be my first choice, the Big-12 is more than just Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma State, TCU, BYU, Baylor, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, Kansas State, etc wouldn't be a bad conference with the addition of Oregon and UW. There are some powerful teams there that are only going to get better now that they're in a Power-5 conference.

If I'm not mistaken, Okie State, Baylor, Cincinnati and Houston all won at least 10 games last year, and Cincy was in the CFP.

I think that if we're not invited to the Big-10 either this would be the next best option, or if we could get Okie State, BYU, TCU and Baylor to join the Pac-12 would be great, too.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

SuperDuck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Also new bad rumors, there's apparently some people are claiming UO and UW will get to the Big 12.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!

The Big 12 is a crappy conference and the fact we would have to deal with bad teams like Kansas will be horrible

Actually, although it wouldn't be my first choice, the Big-12 is more that just Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma State, TCU, BYU, Baylor, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, Kansas State, etc wouldn't be a bad conference with the addition of Oregon and UW. There are some powerful teams there that are only going to get better now that they're in a Power-5 conference.

If I'm not mistaken, Okie State, Baylor, Cincinnati and Houston all won at least 10 games last year, and Cincy was in the CFP.

I think that if we're not invited to the Big-10 either this would be the next best option, or if

we could get Okie State, BYU, TCU and Baylor to join the Pac-12 would be great, too.
Not bad? Over half those teams were non power 5 at some point over the last decade. No thanks.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

SuperDuck wrote:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!

Actually, although it wouldn't be my first choice, the Big-12 is more than just Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma State, TCU, BYU, Baylor, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, Kansas State, etc wouldn't be a bad conference with the addition of Oregon and UW. There are some powerful teams there that are only going to get better now that they're in a Power-5 conference.

I think that if we're not invited to the Big-10 either this would be the next best option, or if we could get Okie State, BYU, TCU and Baylor to join the Pac-12 would be great, too.
I sincerely apologize, I was just tired of seeing Oregon play against a lot of Big 12 teams
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
nogerO wrote: Kinda makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking bringing in that tennis dandy boy who had zero experience running a football conference into the ground. Worked well apparently... we shall see...
Oregon State's President in her initial reaction responded about Tier 1 Research Institutions and it was just so telling of why we got to this spot.

While the failure of Tom Hansen followed by Larry Scott is the primary cause, the various University President's and BOT are also responsible for this. Stanford has told the B1G that they'll take a reduction in $ just to get in because even that reduced amount is larger than whatever is coming for the "New Pac" or new Big 12 members.
Exactly! The fact is Pac-12 University presidents spent years with an elitist attitude which deluded them to reality, that today people care more about sports, especially football, than academics. Not saying one is right and the other isn’t, but it is just what it is. The Pac could’ve added Oklahoma, Okie St, Texas Tech, and TCU but multiple presidents refused to have religious universities and “academically inferior” universities, leaving the PAC-12 to eventually die behind Larry Scott’s incompetent leadership and the lame Pac-12 network. I do wish Kliavkoff could’ve had a year to try and fix things but I understand why movement is happening now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Some people are wanting the B1G to add schools like North Carolina or Virginia to the conference, that legit sounds pretty weird.

Even worse, someone said they want to add the Miami Hurricanes too, WTH.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:
Replace North Carolina with Washington and it would be great.

I don't understand why some people want the B1G to add NC.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Exactly! The fact is Pac-12 University presidents spent years with an elitist attitude which deluded them to reality, that today people care more about sports, especially football, than academics. Not saying one is right and the other isn’t, but it is just what it is. The Pac could’ve added Oklahoma, Okie St, Texas Tech, and TCU but multiple presidents refused to have religious universities and “academically inferior” universities, leaving the PAC-12 to eventually die behind Larry Scott’s incompetent leadership and the lame Pac-12 network. I do wish Kliavkoff could’ve had a year to try and fix things but I understand why movement is happening now.
And quite candidly, the elitist attitude was led by Stanford, Cal and Washington. Cal and Srtanford never wanted BSU or Fresno State or SD State.

I remember hearing an interview with the then Chancellor at Cal and he adamantly opposed those institutions. He refered to them as 'lesser instatutions'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Replace North Carolina with Washington and it would be great.

I don't understand why some people want the B1G to add NC.

Why does anyone wants to throw UW a lifeline? Let their athletic dept die. The MWC will
Look good on them. Then when they lose to Montana no one will blink an eye.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

And quite candidly, the elitist attitude was led by Stanford, Cal and Washington. Cal and Srtanford never wanted BSU or Fresno State or SD State.

I remember hearing an interview with the then Chancellor at Cal and he adamantly opposed those institutions. He refered to them as 'lesser instatutions'.

And maybe I better go an an
institution so I can learn how to spell Stanford and institution.[WINKING FACE]