Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by DuckzRule »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Replace North Carolina with Washington and it would be great.

I don't understand why some people want the B1G to add NC.

Why does anyone wants to throw UW a lifeline? Let their athletic dept die. The MWC will
Look good on them. Then when they lose to Montana no one will blink an eye.
Oh, you're right.

I still feel that the Ducks will bring the Fuskies with them to the next conference as much I hate the later tho.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I legit don't know what sources to believe now, let's hope the ones that say we are indeed gonna join another conference are true.

Some people are legit making me confused with the choices, some say Oregon and Washington are lock ins for the B1G, others say it's gonna be ND and Stanford.

Please let this mania end.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckzRule wrote:I legit don't know what sources to believe now, let's hope the ones that say we are indeed gonna join another conference are true.

Some people are legit making me confused with the choices, some say Oregon and Washington are lock ins for the B1G, others say it's gonna be ND and Stanford.

Please let this mania end.
It's best to not to get too high or low over every rumor/tweet and not jump to any conclusions with so many things in the air.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:
LOL
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I dunno if we should create a new thread or keep this one, but renamed.

It's no longer about the L.A schools, it's about US
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckzRule wrote:Also I dunno if we should create a new thread or keep this one, but renamed.

It's no longer about the L.A schools, it's about US
Just leave it. Best to just keep one thread instead of creating a new one for every new rumor floating around.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Some people really need to tone down the hyperventilating and worrying. Oregon is in a better position than most. At least we're not WSU or OSU having to worry about maintaining any semblance of connection to major CFB.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:Some people really need to tone down the hyperventilating and worrying. Oregon is in a better position than most. At least we're not WSU or OSU having to worry about maintaining any semblance of connection to major CFB.
I really dunno but I think they will end up in a G5 conference, like most people have said.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I've heard in some news outlets that Notre Dame is prolly gonna remain independent, albeit they're just rumors
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Not likely but what if USC and UCLA go to the Big 10 and flop. Regardless of what Oregon does, I would smile for at least a year.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Quietduck wrote:Not likely but what if USC and UCLA go to the Big 10 and flop. Regardless of what Oregon does, I would smile for at least a year.
UCLA FB is going to dread the move but they won't care because the Olympic sports will be well paid for.

USC is likely to do well under Riley as the expanded Playoffs will favor extra representation from the B1G and SEC to secure the investments from Fox and ESPN.

Ultimately the reason we're going to get accepted into the B1G is not just because people watch our games but because we're one of the 12 or so teams who have made the Playoff and for the B1G to close the gap with the SEC they need more than Ohio State in the Playoff.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I wonder if Oregon will do well in the Big 10.

Also the Pac-12 will be more dead than ever because of tomorrow's meeting of the Big 12 with the Arizona and Mountain schools.

https://www.si.com/college/texas-tech/n ... ate-rumors

Wonder when will those 4 teams get accepted into that conference.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck wrote:Not likely but what if USC and UCLA go to the Big 10 and flop. Regardless of what Oregon does, I would smile for at least a year.

What’s not likely about that? UCLA has been a flop at football for the better part of 30 years. SC has been mediocre in a preatty bad pac 12 for the last 13 years. I don’t see SC overtaking Wisconsin, Michigan or Ohio St.

Riley’s offense isn’t made for Novembers in the mid west. He’d better figure out how to run between the tackles in the cold and ice, and figure out how to coach defense. Something he has never accomplished.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:

What’s not likely about that? UCLA has been a flop at football for the better part of 30 years. SC has been mediocre in a preatty bad pac 12 for the last 13 years. I don’t see SC overtaking Wisconsin, Michigan or Ohio St.

Riley’s offense isn’t made for Novembers in the mid west. He’d better figure out how to run between the tackles in the cold and ice, and figure out how to coach defense. Something he has never accomplished.
Very salient points Buckmark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk