I think they won't give him much of a look not because of the punch, but because he looked slow and overweight and "gained" -5 yards in his only game of the year. I think he'll be pretty forgotten by next april or whenever they do the draft.monster wrote:Yeah, next to dog-killer Mike Vick and Mr. Double Murder Ray Lewis, no one in the NFL will give Blount a chance ...
Bye Bye Blount
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Whether or not you agree with the decision to get rid of Blount, I think we can all agree that this has a huge impact on the team. Even if Blount wasn't a "feature" back, he had a tremendous season last year and I was expecting big things from him this year. I will never forget when he ran over Oklahoma St's defense for the last touchdown of the holiday bowl. I hope he learns from his mistakes and gets things in order.

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Oregon and Chip Kelly are handling this situation well. I'm watching college football live, and you can tell that Kellly was really shaken by this incident. You can tell how much he cares about his players both on and off the field.

- ljginger
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 356
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:01 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I think this hurts us the most in recruiting...we were about to pounce on some studs but after last nights tirade, who knows...We were set up in two years to make a run for a championship, now i'm not sure...That being said, Allioti better be shown the door after this year...His players looked lost all game out there, got lucky on a LOT of BSU errors...Not saying he lost the game, it was the offense for a first. It seems every year 3rd and long kills us because someone is always open, I don't get it, a nice guy only goes so far...
-
wiseforexinvestor
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Zenitram wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Hout doesn't deserve a suspension? Yeah he obviously trash talked, but so do lots of folks....
If not you are definitely in the minority. It is not that Hout talked trash it is that he physically touched Blount. Had he not touched Blount we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. We would be listening to the fair weather fans bitch and moan about how disappointed they are and how they think the season is lost as they start to sell their tickets on ebay and craigslist.
This is an over reaction by the University of Oregon!!! 6 game suspension at the most. 1 punch to a kids jaw who IMHO completely had it coming and most of us here on this board would have done the same exact thing in the same situation.
Where Blount screwed up was letting the fans get to him. I am not black and have never been called a "nigger." That is a horrible word with even worse connotation. If I ever heard someone near me say that to even a Husky player I would knock them out myself. Completely uncalled for. He should have just kept walking and you can see it in his eyes in the post game interview that he knew it too.
Hout is a tool and his only future in football is as a waterboy for a Pop Warner league. A talking to is the biggerst Bull Sh*t punishemnt I have ever heard of.
To all fellow students on this board I hope that you will support me in starting the chant "BRING BLOUNT BACK" next Saturday and I may just start selling shirts that say the same thing.
- MFRDuckFan
- Senior
- Posts: 4829
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Not punishing Hout means that the bully gets away with it. That's the part that always pisses me off. The guy that starts it never pays the price. It sends a bad message to kids that it's okay to bully other people because you'll get off. SUCKS.Zenitram wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Hout doesn't deserve a suspension? Yeah he obviously trash talked, but so do lots of folks....
-
cordy02c
- Senior
- Posts: 3236
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
over at o-live I know I know I go there to appreciate having this site everybody thinks Blount will be back. One reason I don't think so is we would get hammered in the media and it would make ck appear weak. Also it would like we are only wins and losses
- MFRDuckFan
- Senior
- Posts: 4829
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: Bye Bye Blount
The University could easily bring him back due to public pressure & have Blount's family get involved. All it would take is for them to ask the University to please reconsider and make a formal appeal. Can't come from Blount, must be his family.cordy02c wrote:over at o-live I know I know I go there to appreciate having this site everybody thinks Blount will be back. One reason I don't think so is we would get hammered in the media and it would make ck appear weak. Also it would like we are only wins and losses
Public could start a petition for them to reconsider. It CAN be done!
I feel that the University overreacted and know that this is going to destroy this young man's life. Haven't we all had 10 minutes we would like to take back when we were that age? Uh, I could think of quite a few times I wanted to do that. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what's to come for him.
Last edited by MFRDuckFan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- goyellowgreen
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Wisefor......i totally support that...hmmmm....what about a petition?
it sucks that in everything i've seen or heard about the incident, there's not been a mention of the "fan" raising a chair to throw at him, or the other :::cough, cough::RACIST:: fans calling him a f***ing n****r?????? and they keep their season tix????? PLEASE!!!
he's a human being who had a meltdown......2 or 3 weeks ago the beloved great aunt who raised him passed, and it killed him that she was asking for him and he couldn't make it in time......i've heard he's gonna be a father in a couple weeks.....geez...the guy needs some compassion for cris'sake!!!!!
it sucks that in everything i've seen or heard about the incident, there's not been a mention of the "fan" raising a chair to throw at him, or the other :::cough, cough::RACIST:: fans calling him a f***ing n****r?????? and they keep their season tix????? PLEASE!!!
he's a human being who had a meltdown......2 or 3 weeks ago the beloved great aunt who raised him passed, and it killed him that she was asking for him and he couldn't make it in time......i've heard he's gonna be a father in a couple weeks.....geez...the guy needs some compassion for cris'sake!!!!!
- goyellowgreen
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
"The University could easily bring him back due to public pressure & have Blount's family get involved. All it would take is for them to ask the University to please reconsider and make a formal appeal. Can't come from Blount, must be his family.
Public could start a petition for them to reconsider. It CAN be done!
I feel that the University overreacted and know that this is going to destroy this young man's life. Haven't we all had 10 minutes we would like to take back when we were that age? Uh, I could think of quite a few times I wanted to do that. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what's to come for him. "
#############################
MFRDuckFan......awesome post!!!! didn't realize a family plea and/or petition was really an option, but i sure hope it comes to pass!!!
and yeah......i have more things than i'd like to remember i'd love to take back!!
Public could start a petition for them to reconsider. It CAN be done!
I feel that the University overreacted and know that this is going to destroy this young man's life. Haven't we all had 10 minutes we would like to take back when we were that age? Uh, I could think of quite a few times I wanted to do that. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what's to come for him. "
#############################
MFRDuckFan......awesome post!!!! didn't realize a family plea and/or petition was really an option, but i sure hope it comes to pass!!!
and yeah......i have more things than i'd like to remember i'd love to take back!!
- MFRDuckFan
- Senior
- Posts: 4829
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: Bye Bye Blount
All people can do is try! Found this article from a fan..........found out from a source that LeGarrette was speaking the truth about the fan with the chair. The University needs to reevaluate the situation!goyellowgreen wrote:"The University could easily bring him back due to public pressure & have Blount's family get involved. All it would take is for them to ask the University to please reconsider and make a formal appeal. Can't come from Blount, must be his family.
Public could start a petition for them to reconsider. It CAN be done!
I feel that the University overreacted and know that this is going to destroy this young man's life. Haven't we all had 10 minutes we would like to take back when we were that age? Uh, I could think of quite a few times I wanted to do that. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what's to come for him. "
#############################
MFRDuckFan......awesome post!!!! didn't realize a family plea and/or petition was really an option, but i sure hope it comes to pass!!!
and yeah......i have more things than i'd like to remember i'd love to take back!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2484 ... tte-blount
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I really hope that he at least gets a chance to appeal. We should have said at least for 3 weeks but that its an indefinite suspension. That way it could have kept going but it'd been given several weeks to cool down so not nearly as much media pressure would be on us at the decision making time
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I can think of 30 seconds at the age of 17 that would potentially have improved my quality of life, as well as my standard of living, 100-fold.
And all I did was jump down a 12 foot embankment instead of using the stairs.
Blowing my knee changed my life forever, because of a dumb decision.
Blount's situation is so far beyond that, it's nuts.
And all I did was jump down a 12 foot embankment instead of using the stairs.
Blowing my knee changed my life forever, because of a dumb decision.
Blount's situation is so far beyond that, it's nuts.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
canaduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
You know, I was calling for this to happen, and now that it did it's kind of like... wow.
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
This was not ONE incident. Blount has a history of showing disrespect and nonchalance about his team. If this was a first-time thing, I would feel very differently. But he didn't just have a bad moment last night. This was just another incident for him. He doesn't deserve to play for us anymore.