#1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by jimmy12 »

If you recall, he only became "He ain't coming" on 5* pipe-dream accounts.
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5000
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by Phalanx »

AshlandDuck wrote:

I loved Hines. It was always him against a mob and I tend to find mobs to be wrong more often than not.
That's a very thoughtful comment. I agree. I never got everyone's problem with Hines, other than that he was a bit rude at times. I have no problem with a contrarian personality, and have found myself in that role as well from time to time. As you say, the mob is often wrong, and I respect someone with the sack to stand up to the group think.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He was only a contrarian though. He was essentially a real life version of Debbie downer from SNL. Not inherently bad people but at a certain point you just don't want to be around them of you don't have to. And whichever Mod at the time that banned him must have felt similarly.
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by maxduck »

Did he ever contribute anything except "He isn't coming"? I can't remember him providing any recruiting insight.
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by ncduck »

maxduck wrote:Did he ever contribute anything except "He isn't coming"? I can't remember him providing any recruiting insight.
It was that and calling people names. It was like someone taught Eeyore a bunch of bad words.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by jimmy12 »

I think i forgot the personal attack part. I just remember, “he ain’t coming”
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by Phenom »

He doesn’t get along with our commits.
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:He doesn’t get along with our commits.
Haven’t he and Pittman had some testy exchanges? I recall the Stanford game seeing some stuff RT’d by some of the recruit-niks between those two and it wasn’t exactly friendly.
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by brich75 »

Duck24 wrote:
Phenom wrote:He doesn’t get along with our commits.
Haven’t he and Pittman had some testy exchanges? I recall the Stanford game seeing some stuff RT’d by some of the recruit-niks between those two and it wasn’t exactly friendly.
I saw the tweet where Pitman told him to get off social media because he talks to much and Thibodeaux responded come and make me or something to that affect. However if Thibadoux is willing to take a visit here there must not be that much to it.
Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I did some digging on the Thibodeaux-Pittman not liking each other thing, and for two guys that don't like each other they sure wind up hanging out a lot. I think it's a friendly trash talking type of deal.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I did some digging on the Thibodeaux-Pittman not liking each other thing, and for two guys that don't like each other they sure wind up hanging out a lot. I think it's a friendly trash talking type of deal.
That's always what it's been. They've grown up going to essentially all the same youth leagues and football camps so it stands to reason that they've become friends over the years.
Image
quackfu
One Star Recruit
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by quackfu »

Check out his latest tweetshttps://mobile.twitter.com/kayvonT8?p=s
Last edited by quackfu on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by Everythingsducky »

If his vid walking up the ramp is any indication, he digs the UO.
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by brich75 »

He is blowing up Twitter with seemingly pro duck love... he just said something like “take all 5 of your visits you might just fall in love with the 5th one.” Or something to that affect. I asssume we are his 5th visits?
Image
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: #1 Recruit, Kayvon Thibodeux, to OV for UW game

Post by Duckenstein »

Seems too good to be true

Drumming up attention
Post Reply