Visitors for Dec. 14th
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
I’ve been the lone wolf beating the Sopsher drum for a while, and now I can say why. He told me back in October of last year that he was going to come visit Oregon because it was his favorite school growing up. I hear these kind of things (or the I’m committing to Oregon thing) often so I don’t usually take it too seriously. Our shot is probably 1% but this is a chance worth taking. If his brother can get academically eligible then you take both if that’s what needed. Sopsher is a nice kid, not like some 5-stars.
I also think our chance at KT is higher than 0% - not a lot higher but he really is torn. After he commits to Bama or wherever I’ll share what I was told a while ago.
I also think our chance at KT is higher than 0% - not a lot higher but he really is torn. After he commits to Bama or wherever I’ll share what I was told a while ago.
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15155
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
He has no way to certainly know what’s going on, heck these kids change their minds too! Wasn’t it RJ Barett that told the Oregon coaches he was going to Oregon then committed to Duke a couple days later? To say 0% is just silly to me, sure the chances are low but to be getting a visits and be one of the final schools doesn’t mean there’s a 0% chance. Until these athletes actually verbally commit, as long as you’re a finalist you have more than 0% chance. Nobody here knows what’s going through KT’s or Sopsher’s minds, I have hope Oregon can land one of them.Duckenstein wrote:According to jhop dudeOregonFan4Life wrote:Come on, whats up with the 0% chance claims, there’s a chance if someone is visiting! Everyone said De’Anthony Thomas was a 0% chance and he came to Oregon! We have a chance with Sopsher and KT!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15155
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
Looking forward to hearing what KT said. Thanks for sharing your info!GoDucksTroll wrote:I’ve been the lone wolf beating the Sopsher drum for a while, and now I can say why. He told me back in October of last year that he was going to come visit Oregon because it was his favorite school growing up. I hear these kind of things (or the I’m committing to Oregon thing) often so I don’t usually take it too seriously. Our shot is probably 1% but this is a chance worth taking. If his brother can get academically eligible then you take both if that’s what needed. Sopsher is a nice kid, not like some 5-stars.
I also think our chance at KT is higher than 0% - not a lot higher but he really is torn. After he commits to Bama or wherever I’ll share what I was told a while ago.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
Ok. So take it fwiw just like any recruiting info. Geez Louise dude
OregonFan4Life wrote:He has no way to certainly know what’s going on, heck these kids change their minds too! Wasn’t it RJ Barett that told the Oregon coaches he was going to Oregon then committed to Duke a couple days later? To say 0% is just silly to me, sure the chances are low but to be getting a visits and be one of the final schools doesn’t mean there’s a 0% chance. Until these athletes actually verbally commit, as long as you’re a finalist you have more than 0% chance. Nobody here knows what’s going through KT’s or Sopsher’s minds, I have hope Oregon can land one of them.Duckenstein wrote:According to jhop dudeOregonFan4Life wrote:Come on, whats up with the 0% chance claims, there’s a chance if someone is visiting! Everyone said De’Anthony Thomas was a 0% chance and he came to Oregon! We have a chance with Sopsher and KT!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
-
duckfan96
- Senior
- Posts: 2706
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
So a question from a non recruiting guru... hypothetical here....would/could Oregon take sophser, ika and kt if all 3 wanted to come to Oregon? I mean do they have room or do you make room for that kind of talent?
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
ABSOLUTELY. Transfers help here.
We all would love, but likelihood is super low. I would be thrilled with one of the aforementioned.
We all would love, but likelihood is super low. I would be thrilled with one of the aforementioned.
-
hjpop
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm
- Location: Salem, OR
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
You make room for that talent. There is room still for several players, now that we had 2 players drop UO and both Griffin and Capra now transferring out, there should be room.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
Griffin transferring really does nothing for the numbers since he was already a SR.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
The number of scholarships isn't an issue - the staff has some to spare, which is why there were such big depth issues this year - but they are maxed at signing 25 players + whatever they can squeeze into the prior year via early signing.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
What are the numbers? Chili Duck's depth chart lists 73 scholarship players, 8 seniors, so down to 65. Capra leaving makes 64, so 21 available rides to the 85 limit before transfers. With 19 commits the numbers get a little tight on paper. Should we really expect 5 or more scholarship players with eligibility leaving the program to make early entrants relevant? I'm probably missing something.
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th
You’d think there will be some attrition at OL with guys like George Moore and Sam Poutasi, who have already been passed up by younger guys. Then at RB, someone like Darrian Felix with Oregon bringing in two more RB this year. I’d assume the coaches have a good handle on who is leaving.maxduck wrote:What are the numbers? Chili Duck's depth chart lists 73 scholarship players, 8 seniors, so down to 65. Capra leaving makes 64, so 21 available rides to the 85 limit before transfers. With 19 commits the numbers get a little tight on paper. Should we really expect 5 or more scholarship players with eligibility leaving the program to make early entrants relevant? I'm probably missing something.