Page 3 of 6

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm
by GoDucksTroll
I’ve been the lone wolf beating the Sopsher drum for a while, and now I can say why. He told me back in October of last year that he was going to come visit Oregon because it was his favorite school growing up. I hear these kind of things (or the I’m committing to Oregon thing) often so I don’t usually take it too seriously. Our shot is probably 1% but this is a chance worth taking. If his brother can get academically eligible then you take both if that’s what needed. Sopsher is a nice kid, not like some 5-stars.

I also think our chance at KT is higher than 0% - not a lot higher but he really is torn. After he commits to Bama or wherever I’ll share what I was told a while ago.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Duckenstein wrote:According to jhop dude
OregonFan4Life wrote:Come on, whats up with the 0% chance claims, there’s a chance if someone is visiting! Everyone said De’Anthony Thomas was a 0% chance and he came to Oregon! We have a chance with Sopsher and KT!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has no way to certainly know what’s going on, heck these kids change their minds too! Wasn’t it RJ Barett that told the Oregon coaches he was going to Oregon then committed to Duke a couple days later? To say 0% is just silly to me, sure the chances are low but to be getting a visits and be one of the final schools doesn’t mean there’s a 0% chance. Until these athletes actually verbally commit, as long as you’re a finalist you have more than 0% chance. Nobody here knows what’s going through KT’s or Sopsher’s minds, I have hope Oregon can land one of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm
by OregonFan4Life
GoDucksTroll wrote:I’ve been the lone wolf beating the Sopsher drum for a while, and now I can say why. He told me back in October of last year that he was going to come visit Oregon because it was his favorite school growing up. I hear these kind of things (or the I’m committing to Oregon thing) often so I don’t usually take it too seriously. Our shot is probably 1% but this is a chance worth taking. If his brother can get academically eligible then you take both if that’s what needed. Sopsher is a nice kid, not like some 5-stars.

I also think our chance at KT is higher than 0% - not a lot higher but he really is torn. After he commits to Bama or wherever I’ll share what I was told a while ago.
Looking forward to hearing what KT said. Thanks for sharing your info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm
by greenyellow

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:31 pm
by Duckenstein
Ok. So take it fwiw just like any recruiting info. Geez Louise dude
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:According to jhop dude
OregonFan4Life wrote:Come on, whats up with the 0% chance claims, there’s a chance if someone is visiting! Everyone said De’Anthony Thomas was a 0% chance and he came to Oregon! We have a chance with Sopsher and KT!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has no way to certainly know what’s going on, heck these kids change their minds too! Wasn’t it RJ Barett that told the Oregon coaches he was going to Oregon then committed to Duke a couple days later? To say 0% is just silly to me, sure the chances are low but to be getting a visits and be one of the final schools doesn’t mean there’s a 0% chance. Until these athletes actually verbally commit, as long as you’re a finalist you have more than 0% chance. Nobody here knows what’s going through KT’s or Sopsher’s minds, I have hope Oregon can land one of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 pm
by greenyellow

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm
by greenyellow

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 am
by duckfan96
So a question from a non recruiting guru... hypothetical here....would/could Oregon take sophser, ika and kt if all 3 wanted to come to Oregon? I mean do they have room or do you make room for that kind of talent?

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:43 am
by jimmy12
ABSOLUTELY. Transfers help here.

We all would love, but likelihood is super low. I would be thrilled with one of the aforementioned.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm
by hjpop
You make room for that talent. There is room still for several players, now that we had 2 players drop UO and both Griffin and Capra now transferring out, there should be room.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 pm
by greenyellow
Griffin transferring really does nothing for the numbers since he was already a SR.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 pm
by StevensTechU
The number of scholarships isn't an issue - the staff has some to spare, which is why there were such big depth issues this year - but they are maxed at signing 25 players + whatever they can squeeze into the prior year via early signing.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:15 pm
by greenyellow

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 pm
by maxduck
What are the numbers? Chili Duck's depth chart lists 73 scholarship players, 8 seniors, so down to 65. Capra leaving makes 64, so 21 available rides to the 85 limit before transfers. With 19 commits the numbers get a little tight on paper. Should we really expect 5 or more scholarship players with eligibility leaving the program to make early entrants relevant? I'm probably missing something.

Re: Visitors for Dec. 14th

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm
by Duck24
maxduck wrote:What are the numbers? Chili Duck's depth chart lists 73 scholarship players, 8 seniors, so down to 65. Capra leaving makes 64, so 21 available rides to the 85 limit before transfers. With 19 commits the numbers get a little tight on paper. Should we really expect 5 or more scholarship players with eligibility leaving the program to make early entrants relevant? I'm probably missing something.
You’d think there will be some attrition at OL with guys like George Moore and Sam Poutasi, who have already been passed up by younger guys. Then at RB, someone like Darrian Felix with Oregon bringing in two more RB this year. I’d assume the coaches have a good handle on who is leaving.