QUACK! Chris Steele commits/transfer in
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Chris Steele
Wishful thinking IMO.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Chris Steele
Probably an Oregon usc battle but something about usc academic schedule may be a conflict possibly working in our favor.
-
lmduck
Re: Chris Steele
According to various USC sources he is NOT considering USC.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Chris Steele
Oregon vs. Stanford
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Chris Steele
Anyone know the latest here?
-
wlduck
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1722
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:19 pm
Re: Chris Steele
Wherever he ends up, if the published reports are true this kid needs to be applauded. Not only did he not go along with a toxic culture, sounds like he actively tried to change it.GoDucksTroll wrote:I think Steele did everything right, based on what we know and considering the situation. We're definitely going to be a major factor here, especially if immediate eligibility is in his future.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Chris Steele
Does he have the grades and test score to get into Stanford?HomeSickDuck wrote:Oregon vs. Stanford
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Chris Steele
His 247 recruiting profile lists a Stanford offer. They are conservative when extending offers (78 this cycle compared to Oregon's 284) so I'm sure he passed preliminary screening for acceptance.alxtw wrote:Does he have the grades and test score to get into Stanford?HomeSickDuck wrote:Oregon vs. Stanford
-
lmduck
Re: Chris Steele
Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Chris Steele
I’ve seen it per jhop and prehm.lmduck wrote:Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Chris Steele
Jhop says if he can get into Stanford, game over. Can't blame him for that. Had a childhood friend get a full ride debate scholarship to Stanford. Who here would pass up that opportunity?HomeSickDuck wrote:I’ve seen it per jhop and prehm.lmduck wrote:Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Chris Steele
If you truly believe 100% that your future is in the NFL, I would argue that Oregon is a better route. I'm guessing that at Oregon you'll have 5-10 hours a week that you can work out or study the playbook that you'd have to use studying at Stanford.TualatinDuck wrote:Jhop says if he can get into Stanford, game over. Can't blame him for that. Had a childhood friend get a full ride debate scholarship to Stanford. Who here would pass up that opportunity?HomeSickDuck wrote:I’ve seen it per jhop and prehm.lmduck wrote:Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the NFL, if you go into the business world I would assume your experience as an athlete would open just as many doors (if not more) than a Stanford degree.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Chris Steele
Even if you know you’re getting to the nfl, I think pragmatically Stanford makes sense. Average nfl career is 2.5 years. Most guys then go into insurance sales or various forms of investing. A Stanford degree to fall back on with say 500k in the bank at 25 is a great start.
- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
Re: Chris Steele
No offense, but research would show that your argument is in vain...Stanford currently has 36 players in the NFL, Oregon has 26.DuckMastaFunk wrote:If you truly believe 100% that your future is in the NFL, I would argue that Oregon is a better route. I'm guessing that at Oregon you'll have 5-10 hours a week that you can work out or study the playbook that you'd have to use studying at Stanford.TualatinDuck wrote:Jhop says if he can get into Stanford, game over. Can't blame him for that. Had a childhood friend get a full ride debate scholarship to Stanford. Who here would pass up that opportunity?HomeSickDuck wrote:I’ve seen it per jhop and prehm.lmduck wrote:Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the NFL, if you go into the business world I would assume your experience as an athlete would open just as many doors (if not more) than a Stanford degree.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o
Entering the business world, having a degree from Stanford, and having PLAYED at Stanford, will do more than the same at Oregon. Stanford is a really big deal academically, and it's an anomaly that a school that good in academics is also that good in football and a part of a power 5 conference (Northwestern? Duke? Ivy League? Not even close athletically). Stanford is a rare opportunity.
I am a Duck alum, and a season ticket holder since 1994, but as a father, it's a no-brainer to take a free ride to play at Stanford, IF it is a fit all the way around.
Another point...Stanford has ZERO players listed in the transfer portal, while Oregon has 8. To me, that shows that Stanford is something special and even if playing time isn't there, kids don't leave.
- mattc94
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 598
- Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:21 pm
Re: Chris Steele
Shaw has his program running like a well oiled machine. Of course he doesn't have much attrition. But three coaches in three years in at UO and a huge new recruiting class... Yeah. You're going to have some players transfer. Also, I wouldn't be down on our pro developmental ability when compared to the Cardinal. We had four draft picks in April and currently have 8 players listed in the CBS 2020 Top 100 Draft Prospects. There are still plenty of reasons to come to Eugene. Even if every recruiting battle against Furd won't be won. Mario is building something special here too.AutzenMember wrote:No offense, but research would show that your argument is in vain...Stanford currently has 36 players in the NFL, Oregon has 26.DuckMastaFunk wrote:If you truly believe 100% that your future is in the NFL, I would argue that Oregon is a better route. I'm guessing that at Oregon you'll have 5-10 hours a week that you can work out or study the playbook that you'd have to use studying at Stanford.TualatinDuck wrote:Jhop says if he can get into Stanford, game over. Can't blame him for that. Had a childhood friend get a full ride debate scholarship to Stanford. Who here would pass up that opportunity?HomeSickDuck wrote:I’ve seen it per jhop and prehm.lmduck wrote:Have not heard Stanford mentioned by anyone as a possible landung spot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the NFL, if you go into the business world I would assume your experience as an athlete would open just as many doors (if not more) than a Stanford degree.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o
Entering the business world, having a degree from Stanford, and having PLAYED at Stanford, will do more than the same at Oregon. Stanford is a really big deal academically, and it's an anomaly that a school that good in academics is also that good in football and a part of a power 5 conference (Northwestern? Duke? Ivy League? Not even close athletically). Stanford is a rare opportunity.
I am a Duck alum, and a season ticket holder since 1994, but as a father, it's a no-brainer to take a free ride to play at Stanford, IF it is a fit all the way around.
Another point...Stanford has ZERO players listed in the transfer portal, while Oregon has 8. To me, that shows that Stanford is something special and even if playing time isn't there, kids don't leave.