Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by woundedknees »

RanDux wrote:We are like drug addicts with this recruiting: as soon as the thrill wears off a little on the last recruit, we are ready for the next thrill.
Is this "Buzz Worthy" news?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by thomas time »

I saw a headline somewhere about ducks taking maybe 3 more db's, how many more are the coaches trying to get?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

thomas time wrote:I saw a headline somewhere about ducks taking maybe 3 more db's, how many more are the coaches trying to get?
I have read 4 or 5. I think Davies gives them flexibility as he can play cover corner and maybe move to safety. My guess is they finish with Bassa, who is under-rated. Apparently Beavers is showing interest, but the Ducks don't have any interest.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by RanDux »

:lol:
woundedknees wrote:
RanDux wrote:We are like drug addicts with this recruiting: as soon as the thrill wears off a little on the last recruit, we are ready for the next thrill.
Is this "Buzz Worthy" news?
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by RanDux »

jimmy12 wrote:
thomas time wrote:I saw a headline somewhere about ducks taking maybe 3 more db's, how many more are the coaches trying to get?
I have read 4 or 5. I think Davies gives them flexibility as he can play cover corner and maybe move to safety. My guess is they finish with Bassa, who is under-rated. Apparently Beavers is showing interest, but the Ducks don't have any interest.
We are in 4 star CB D.J. Harvey's final 5. He is announcing on September 18. That may be too late, with the way things are filling up, unless he becomes a silent commit.
Last edited by RanDux on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by thomas time »

what about Jamier Johnson who announcing July 3rd
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

If other targets fall through the ducks will circle back to Jamier.
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by RanDux »

RanDux wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
thomas time wrote:I saw a headline somewhere about ducks taking maybe 3 more db's, how many more are the coaches trying to get?
I have read 4 or 5. I think Davies gives them flexibility as he can play cover corner and maybe move to safety. My guess is they finish with Bassa, who is under-rated. Apparently Beavers is showing interest, but the Ducks don't have any interest.
We are in 4 star CB D.J. Harvey's final 5. He is announcing on September 18. That may be too late, with the way things are filling up, unless he becomes a silent commit.
I read a teaser from 247Sports that we are down to Harvey's final 3, and that he moved up his commitment date. I could not see when the new date is, as I am not a subscriber, unless September 18 is the new date and they are just teasing to get new subscribers.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

I dont think we are in it here. I think it’s wiggins, wright, bassa or bust... maybe one more
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by RanDux »

3 out of the 9 so far, with Keanu Williams announcing 7/11. Don't think we have any dates yet on the other 5. Go ducks!!!!
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by RanDux »

4 out of 5 so far! Suamataia, Thornton, Flowe, and Wiggins left. Plus we picked up another 4 star WR, Brevard, who was not on this list!
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

RanDux wrote:4 out of 5 so far! Suamataia, Thornton, Flowe, and Wiggins left. Plus we picked up another 4 star WR, Brevard, who was not on this list!
Nope— suamatia, foster, Thorton, Wright and bassa will be last 5... IMO (they are still in it for wiggins but distance and not being able to visit is not helping). It will be wither wiggins or wright.

Outside chance of KF, JTT

I dont think the ducks take any more LBs not mentioned above. Room is very tight and ducks are STACKED.
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by alxtw »

jimmy12 wrote:
RanDux wrote:4 out of 5 so far! Suamataia, Thornton, Flowe, and Wiggins left. Plus we picked up another 4 star WR, Brevard, who was not on this list!
Nope— suamatia, foster, Thorton, Wright and bassa will be last 5... IMO (they are still in it for wiggins but distance and not being able to visit is not helping). It will be wither wiggins or wright.

Outside chance of KF, JTT

I dont think the ducks take any more LBs not mentioned above. Room is very tight and ducks are STACKED.

Even not taking Flowe's brother?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Oregon's Chances on 9 Key Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

He mentioned recently that “he didnt think it would happen”

I am not sure whether it is because of room in class, grades or other, but not appearing likely.
Post Reply