Page 3 of 4

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm
by pezsez1
Have you laid hands on an officer before? If you committed a crime, have you ever attempted to flee or resist arrest?
You're still doing it. You're making excuses (hypothetical ones) for why police are significantly more likely to murder black people than white people.

I can play that game, too! Are you saying that only black people have ever resisted police?

See? All this whataboutism is total BS. Just stop talking and LISTEN. You will never really learn until you stop making excuses for your beliefs and start LISTENING to what people of color are saying about their experiences.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 pm
by Duck07
There are multiple, active Genocides on the planet.

There are multiple, active Slave Markets on the planet.

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."

Excuse me if I can't take the NBA seriously when they cater to China and won't speak out about the atrocities that go on there as it just feels a tad hypocritical when they want to espouse "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

The US police state needs a lot of reform, but nothing that is going on right now will actually lead to positive outcomes because just being pissed off doesn't accomplish anything. Further, most of what needs to go on is at the State level where people should put their focus.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 pm
by lukeyrid13
^ If George Floyd, Jacob Blake, Michael Brown are the reason others should be listening they are really poor examples.

What’s the narrative we should be listening to? Career criminals should be given free reign to do and say what they want and have complete lack of respect for authority and police? What should society do different? If someone resisted arrest we just apologize and let them go?

Or, the narrative should be, give us an example of someone who was compliant and unarmed and killed by the police. The only one I can think of is Daniel Shazer.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm
by buckmarkduck
Duck07 wrote:There are multiple, active Genocides on the planet.

There are multiple, active Slave Markets on the planet.

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."

Excuse me if I can't take the NBA seriously when they cater to China and won't speak out about the atrocities that go on there as it just feels a tad hypocritical when they want to espouse "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

The US police state needs a lot of reform, but nothing that is going on right now will actually lead to positive outcomes because just being pissed off doesn't accomplish anything. Further, most of what needs to go on is at the State level where people should put their focus.
Exactly. In Puyallup Washington, just last month a sex trafficker tried to kidnap a girl. Her boyfriend was able to save her before they got her in the car. There is more slaves today than at anytime in history, but I never here more than 30 seconds on the local news about that.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 pm
by Duck07

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:04 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Duck07 wrote:
Does that mean the Mavs and Blazers automatically advance to the second round?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 pm
by Everythingsducky
Duck07 wrote:
Good. Boycott the season. Don’t get paid. Could care less. They are the 1%ers anyway. Look, I understand their point, but this is entertainment for most. BLM is 100% a political movement. One of their founders hid in Cuba, exiled because of murder. Great people to follow. I get using your entertainment value to move people. But violence, intimidation, looting and destruction of cities will not further the movement. See vids of people dining in Washington DC being forced to raise their arms, being screamed at to support BLM while eating dinner. I would have beaten the sheet out of them. Intimidation has no place in the US. It will only create distance, create blowback. End result is sports will suffer if politics run them. I certainly watch sports for fun, don’t want an entertainment entity telling me how I should live my life. Too many current entities already attempt that.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:08 pm
by Everythingsducky
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Does that mean the Mavs and Blazers automatically advance to the second round?
Funny. Wouldn’t that be something? Unlikely though. Probably the only chance the Blazers would have. Not watching either way.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am
by mrpd21
Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:35 am
by lukeyrid13
mrpd21 wrote:Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...
I genuinely respect the communal culture in the black community....but just agreeing carte Blanche with any and all actions of everyone in your entire culture/race just cause they look like you doesn’t make any sense. The communal sense is amazing....but the lack of responsibility for ones actions is severely lacking.

Here’s my list I don’t like of folks that are white like myself
- proud boys
- Timothy mcveigh
- basically every school shooter sadly

I renounce those people. They don’t represent me or my race. Why is that so hard to do?

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:54 am
by OregonFan4Life
mrpd21 wrote:Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...
I think you got your information wrong, no gun on him, just the knife on the floorboard on the driver's side and he was never arrested for sexual assault of a minor, that's a social media rumor. He did sexually assault an adult female however it appears. Still not a good guy, but not near as bad as a pedophile.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:04 am
by mrpd21
lukeyrid13 wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...
I genuinely respect the communal culture in the black community....but just agreeing carte Blanche with any and all actions of everyone in your entire culture/race just cause they look like you doesn’t make any sense. The communal sense is amazing....but the lack of responsibility for ones actions is severely lacking.

Here’s my list I don’t like of folks that are white like myself
- proud boys
- Timothy mcveigh
- basically every school shooter sadly

I renounce those people. They don’t represent me or my race. Why is that so hard to do?
Agreed. Terrible people come in all colors, shapes and sizes. It really isn't hard to recognize and reject any people of such character.

Genocides in Africa...crickets.
Black officers murdered during riots...crickets.
Black children murdered during riots...crickets.
50% increase in murder in Chicago to date (including many young children)...crickets.
More black babies are aborted than are born in New York...crickets.
Still denouncing whites enslaving blacks while the slave trade is more rampant than ever (especially Africa)...crickets.
Wearing clothing manufactured in countries where the workers are severely oppressed and the nations enslave and kill for personal gain...crickets.

The cherry picking for political purposes is where you lose me entirely. Care about them ALL or I don't believe you truly care as much as you pretend to. If it doesn't fit the narrative it is ignored, doesn't seem so heartfelt at that point. Let's try and be a bit more honest about this.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am
by mrpd21
OregonFan4Life wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...
I think you got your information wrong, no gun on him, just the knife on the floorboard on the driver's side and he was never arrested for sexual assault of a minor, that's a social media rumor. He did sexually assault an adult female however it appears. Still not a good guy, but not near as bad as a pedophile.
I apologize for any misinformation. I try and confirm much of what I read, but there is a lot of fake news on all sides. There was a report that broke stating a gun was found, but I think it was redacted and changed to a knife. Thank you for the corrections.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:16 am
by OregonFan4Life
mrpd21 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Excited to find new hobbies, don't care about this at all. Jacob Blake is a bad dude, pedo and did everything he shouldn't have done in that altercation. Oh and a gun was on his floor board and a knife in hand. Boycott over this guy? Strange hill to die on...
I think you got your information wrong, no gun on him, just the knife on the floorboard on the driver's side and he was never arrested for sexual assault of a minor, that's a social media rumor. He did sexually assault an adult female however it appears. Still not a good guy, but not near as bad as a pedophile.
I apologize for any misinformation. I try and confirm much of what I read, but there is a lot of fake news on all sides. There was a report that broke stating a gun was found, but I think it was redacted and changed to a knife. Thank you for the corrections.
It's all good, I get it, so many lies from both sides on issues like these.

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:29 am
by greenyellow
Blake had previously been arrested in 2015 for pulling a gun in a bar and then getting in a physical altercation with arresting officers. I believe that's where people were getting that he likely had a gun, even though it's been stated he only had a knife in this current incident.