Page 3 of 3

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:58 am
by jimmy12
jimmy12 wrote:I believe this offer is not committable.... I think they are all in on T-Mac

I am not 100% sure, but I am hearing rumors and hence his lean to USC.

It's starting to look like I am wrong about Satenga.

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:57 am
by DuckzRule

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:04 am
by Vanducky
Yep. 247 and Nemec are reporting it too.

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:18 am
by Phalanx
Don't know if anyone caught Cristobal's cheetah post on twitter about a half hour before the announcement. :lol:

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:20 am
by greenyellow
QUACK! With 3 WRs already committed and several big names still on the board, it makes you wonder if they'll take more or they know remaining targets are headed elsewhere

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:04 pm
by GoDucksTroll
It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:46 am
by lukeyrid13
GoDucksTroll wrote:It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit
That would be very similar to the Keenan Allen situation. Cal got him because they took Zach Maynard. I think you could argue (100%) that Maynard wasn't worth a scholarship on his own.....but is it worth using 2 scholarships essentially for a 5 star WR stud?

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:23 pm
by jimmy12
jimmy12 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Did Oregon drop Merriweather, or did he drop the Ducks? That seems a shame, given his proximity. Sounds like his sisters went to Oklahoma though, so I guess no strangers to leaving the area.

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I have read Oregon just slowed down. They have other prospects that they like better or that fit their needs better. Same with Satenga. In normal years wee are all over this kid. He is a burner. With that said, Eric Skopil on today's podcast said that he cannot be specific but he believes that Oregon will get the highest rated WR that they have ever signed this year. He also said that he was being intentionally vague.

ALL TIME RECRUITS: https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Sp ... eRecruits/

Ok-- So the all time highest WR is Cam Colvin: https://247sports.com/player/cameron-colvin-26026/

I am 100% guessing here, but this tells me that this could be (or is likely to be): Kevin Coleman: https://247sports.com/player/kevin-coleman-46058557/

I would love this to be true. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11407323/5 ... 06fc29868d
Any clue???

https://twitter.com/jonathan_sd8/status ... 85057?s=21

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:44 pm
by alxtw
lukeyrid13 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit
That would be very similar to the Keenan Allen situation. Cal got him because they took Zach Maynard. I think you could argue (100%) that Maynard wasn't worth a scholarship on his own.....but is it worth using 2 scholarships essentially for a 5 star WR stud?
Looking back with 20/20 hindsight, it would have been great and well worth it to have used two scholarships and pair Allen with Josh Huff. Mariota would have also gotten a year with him.

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:09 pm
by buckmarkduck
Pretty sure we also recruited Allen as a safety. Which wasn’t a stretch, since he was a 5* recruit and top ranked safety. That probably also played into him heading to Cal.