Page 3 of 11

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:18 pm
by UofDuck
Doesnt Mario’s mom still live in Miami? I suspect he has other family there too. Could be a consideration for him.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 am
by GoDucksTroll
I think Matt Campbell is overrated.

Yes, Iowa State is a doormat before him for pretty much their entire history so if he can win there then imagine what he can do at a better program is not a formula for success. It’s what Nebraska tried with Mike Riley. Campbell has some big wins, but he’s also the guy who lost to Northern Iowa, got taken to 3OT by Northern Iowa and then needed a TD with 20 seconds to avoid a loss to Drake in the same season as that, and this year back to a close win over Northern Iowa. Did any of you think that Fiesta Bowl team beats a non Covid Ducks team or were impressed by them? He gets 1-2 FCS wins and Kansas as a handicap each season. Not a fan of that war of attrition type of football, very limited ceiling.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:33 am
by GoDucksTroll
Question: if, for some reason, Mario is gone after this season then who would you want to replace him?

The media would immediately float Justin Wilcox, Joe Moorhead, Chip Kelly as the lazy choices due to connections.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:41 am
by wepto
GoDucksTroll wrote:Question: if, for some reason, Mario is gone after this season then who would you want to replace him?

The media would immediately float Justin Wilcox, Joe Moorhead, Chip Kelly as the lazy choices due to connections.
Kiffen. He's winning at Ole Miss, is one of the better offensive head coaches and he recruits well and generates (mostly) positive PR.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:34 am
by StevensTechU
I'd take Matt Campbell. Moorhead maybe as a backup plan.

Not a lot of coaching talent with west coast ties.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:52 am
by pezsez1
MC's mom living in Miami would certainly be a consideration, but I'm sure a man of his resources is able to travel pretty easily when his busy schedule allows.

My older sister has a great job up in Alaska, and I see her more often than I see my cousin (who I've always been close with) who lives in Tigard. Distance isn't nearly as much of a factor when money isn't an issue.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:56 am
by woundedknees
I just read a couple weeks ago that MC may be bringing his mother here... Hope that's accurate.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:02 pm
by buckmarkduck
Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:47 pm
by pezsez1
Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”
Cheering for Kiffin!

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:24 pm
by Everythingsducky
buckmarkduck wrote:Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”
Sources please. That would be a huge no-no on his part. Miami would not be an upgrade, based on where the teams sit now. For Kiffin, could it be the Co-ed’s are hotter in Miami that forces his hand?

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:22 am
by HomeSickDuck
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”
Sources please. That would be a huge no-no on his part. Miami would not be an upgrade, based on where the teams sit now. For Kiffin, could it be the Co-ed’s are hotter in Miami that forces his hand?
I think it would be an upgrade in the sense he would be out of the SEC and in a weaker conference. Seems like he would have the draw to land higher rated recruits as well, which is kore difficult at Ole Miss.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 am
by stlDUCKfan
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”
Sources please. That would be a huge no-no on his part. Miami would not be an upgrade, based on where the teams sit now. For Kiffin, could it be the Co-ed’s are hotter in Miami that forces his hand?
I don't even know if that would be the case. Southern Belles are hard to beat.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:40 am
by Oregon Ownage
stlDUCKfan wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Kiffin is interested in Miami, if I’m them I jump all over that. Which kind of sucks that he’s telling people that, but cool that he isn’t lying to people face like “why wouldn’t I be the coach at UO?”
Sources please. That would be a huge no-no on his part. Miami would not be an upgrade, based on where the teams sit now. For Kiffin, could it be the Co-ed’s are hotter in Miami that forces his hand?
I don't even know if that would be the case. Southern Belles are hard to beat.
He hates living in Mississippi and loves South Florida. Still has a house in Boca and would prefer a move back

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 am
by StevensTechU
Dan Mullen is out at Florida. I think there's a lot of meat left on that bone and it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Some will mention Cristobal as a candidate, but I'd also mention that if Moorhead moves on, Mullen could be our OC.

washington reportedly vetting 4 candidates currently: Justin Wilcox (Cal), Bryan Harsin (Auburn), Kalen Deboer (Fresno), Jeff Hafley (Boston College). Here's the article: https://footballscoop.com/news/washingt ... acc-hafley

In other conference news, Don Brown is leaving Arizona's DC position to become the new head man at UMass. Even though Arizona has a talentless roster, Brown made that squad respectable defensively and I would say this is a massive loss for UA's comeback hopes in the next couple years. He's an elite defensive coach.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:10 pm
by lmduck
UofDuck wrote:Doesnt Mario’s mom still live in Miami? I suspect he has other family there too. Could be a consideration for him.
Yes, his Mom and brother live in Miami but I have heard neither of these would play a role in his leaving and most 'well-placed' sources DON'T see MC leaving Oregon now or in the near future (3-4 years). Well placed sources have said that the only place they could see MC leaving for is Alabama and that job ain't opening soon. One of the things those 'well-placed' sources have sited is what Mario saw happen with Willie Taggart. Mario followed that whole deal very closely. The sources have also said that Mario is keenly aware of the resources he has at UO and the opportunity that he has at UO to make a big mark.

Could all this change on a moment's notice, sure. ONe of the things people inside the AD have said is that they always knew Chip was going to make a play for the NFL. He did not hid his desire for something bigger. They don't see the same with MC.

Just sharing what I know.