greenyellow wrote:Considering where the class was after ESD, getting into the top-30 is pretty respectable. It does show what this staff is capable of on short notice. Give them a full cycle and it'll likely be close to what Mario did as HC.
Facts. Not worried in the slightest, and very good finish to this class.
greenyellow wrote:Oregon's Signing Day event is live right now on YouTube.
I follow recruiting more than most, but this event still felt cringey. Didn't watch beyond the first few minutes.
That's how I feel about many of these Signing Day events for alumni groups. The video/audio quality is also pretty bad. The one up in Portland was usually pretty good but there are some definite cringe moments when they start doing interviews and skits. Imagine things will get a little better once they get back to more normal conditions and the staff has been together longer than a month.
greenyellow wrote:Looks like most of the known commits/leans are in. Just waiting on Winston and potentially Iuli now.
It’s going to be weird not having a top 25 class
If they get both Winston and Iuli, they'll be right at #25.
Assuming no other teams get commitments today either. I bet we end up closer to 30.
Iuli would make it a Top 15-20 class.
I guess I was wrong. It looks like adding Iuli bumped Oregon up to 25 on 247. I'm going to have to figure out how their math works. Not sure why Iuli didn't have the same impact on the score that James did earlier. Anyway, Top 25 is still pretty good, all things considered.
Great signing day. This staff has already shown they’re going to keep things rolling recruiting wise. Awesome to see us back at that #1 spot in the conference.