Oregon State @ Oregon Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon Thread

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Matt Humphrey is my new fv Duck, his jumper is so silky smooth..damn imagine if he stays all 4 years, can you say Michael Redd?
Agree completely. Humphrey has a chance to be a really good college player if he keeps working hard and developing.

Very nice win for the Ducks. Potentially crushing the Beavers' postseason plans in both of the major sports is extra sweet. Porter played great in the second half. He changed the entire complexion of the game with his quickness as he persistently pushed the ball up the court and hit some big shots.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

Comparing him to Michael Redd and wondering if he stays all 4 years is getting ahead of yourself. I know its a good win tonight and be happy but don't build too much of hype for a team thats 2-14.

I think we split next weekend but Im not even going to wonder who has pro potential right now.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Great Win, very satisfying. That said, this season is still a failure. Even if we somehow win the pac 10 tourney & get a tourney bid, we never should've lost this many games.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think the difference tonight was definitely the second half offense. For most games this season, Oregon has shot so poorly and scored in the 50's or 60's. They shot 51% and scored 79 points against a good defense in Oregon State.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Mops wrote:Comparing him to Michael Redd and wondering if he stays all 4 years is getting ahead of yourself. I know its a good win tonight and be happy but don't build too much of hype for a team thats 2-14.

I think we split next weekend but Im not even going to wonder who has pro potential right now.
Uhhh, look at his shot..he's a michael redd clone. I am basing this on his shot, not his whole game..chillax. And yes, he should stay 4 years, unless he drastically improves.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

And who cares if this season is a failure, we beat OSU! Sorry, I had no hopes for this year. We would have been lucky to go to the NIT. As long as we didn't go winless, play hard every night, and at least beat OSU once..I'm good..now next year we should be more around 4-6 in the Pac-10. 2 years should be our time to shine though.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

DmoneyDuck wrote:And who cares if this season is a failure, we beat OSU! Sorry, I had no hopes for this year. We would have been lucky to go to the NIT. As long as we didn't go winless, play hard every night, and at least beat OSU once..I'm good..now next year we should be more around 4-6 in the Pac-10. 2 years should be our time to shine though.

Personally, I would rather have a good season and lose to Oregon State twice then beat the Beavers once and have an awful season. A lot of people care that the season is a failure. Nobody expected the team to be good or great this year, but their record is unacceptable. A decent program should never have a season like this. We shouldn't have to be average/mediocre for 3 seasons leading up to 1 good year. 1 good season out of 4 isn't good, and that's basically what we have done under Kent.
OregonDuck90
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDuck90 »

What an f'ing great 2nd half last night by the kids. Great effort, great heart and I've not had that much fun watching the Ducks probably all year, especially watching how much fun Humphrey was having. That was fantastic, and the cherry on top was listening to the Beaver fans in front of us (early in the game) like they were bored and OSU was going to walk away with it (sounded like their overconfidence in Football this year)... like Oregon wasn't even on the court. Was sweet to watch them leave early. Ran the Rats right out of the gym. Fantastic way to send out the seniors.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

Last night, for the first time in all the games i have watched this year (I missed the stanford one). The kids looked like they were having fun playing basketball. It was almost like EK finally let them have some freedom with the ball and how they wanted to play defense and utilized their athleticism. Lets hope this conitnues.