Beavs getting rebranding?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Braveheart
Sophomore
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by Braveheart »

UOducksTK1 wrote:^That

There isn't much originality in these uniforms. OSU is seriously like 15 years behind it's time. Really should have just stuck with what they had. What made them unique was the originality. They weren't bred to be unique and innovative.
It's actually a modern look on a retro design (a good design at that).

Image
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40597
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Braveheart wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:^That

There isn't much originality in these uniforms. OSU is seriously like 15 years behind it's time. Really should have just stuck with what they had. What made them unique was the originality. They weren't bred to be unique and innovative.
It's actually a modern look on a retro design (a good design at that).

Image
Well it looks like a lot of other teams out there, and really if they wanted to go old school, then they should have. No need to try to modernize anything, because it just looks average.

Teams like OSU and USC should stick with their set of jerseys for another decade or two.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by mrpd21 »

I dunno...

for as much as I loathe the team and their colors I think this is a great update. I like the bronze/copper colors they added and the schemes and design. I think it is great for them. Let's be real...they need all the help they can get. I also love the aspect of being helped out by Nike. It takes away some of the excuses and the finger pointing and whining about our advantages and being on the nipple of Uncle Phil, even the beavs have to conform to the new business of college football. Honestly I don't know how anyone can look at these and think they look worse than the white pant/orange top/black helmet combo they rolled with the last few years...those were hideous. I think the unis look pretty solid.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by karlhungis »

So which ones are real?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by Bud Lee »

They see your "O"...and...raise you a "OSU"

Image
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by karlhungis »

Bud Lee wrote:They see your "O"...and...raise you a "OSU"

Image
They look like a very nice high school uniform.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
uodux1212
Senior
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by uodux1212 »

They look pretty cool.... Except the tooth/teeth on the facemask, looks really bad IMO. Also, they weren't going for a whole rebranding, just a freshened up look, which they achieved IMO.


Overall... meh, whateves.
Image

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by ncduck »

I'm still waiting to see if their lunch pails were replaced by fanny packs...
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11013
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Is that buckteeth on the facemask of the black helmet?
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MFRDuckFan
Senior
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Medford

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by MFRDuckFan »

You can't have LOSER without OS!!! It's Halloween every day. I hate orange........alot.

This is my favorite picture of their uniform. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by woundedknees »

Walking around Gateway Mall, I heard a fair number of Beav "fans" belly aching about the new mascot/logo... Consensus seemed to be something like, "What the heck is that thing, a bucktoothed ferret???"

Then the began comparing the unis unfavorably to retro Bengals-style, and it went downhill from there.

BTW, prepare for a boycott of the "Oregon Sports" store, near the food court... Duck gear has now invaded the smallish back room where the Beavitch apparel was once exclusively stocked.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by Bud Lee »

uodux1212 wrote:They look pretty cool.... Except the tooth/teeth on the facemask, looks really bad IMO. Also, they weren't going for a whole rebranding, just a freshened up look, which they achieved IMO.


Overall... meh, whateves.
:lol: Is that what it is suppose to be?

It looked like they were just trying something different and extending the stripe to the face mask.

I actually like the new beaver logo, it reminds me of the Pats logo. People didn't like that thing at first either.

The local guys here were making fun of it though.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11013
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by buckmarkduck »

There is only so much you can do with a beaver as a mascot. Should have done the logo on the back of the helmet, but had it be a tail.
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by Bud Lee »

Image

Image

Image

They really aren't bad, I think people just have issues with change. If they tried to "freshen up" LSU's unis I would HATE everything and anything they put out there.
User avatar
UofDuck
Senior
Posts: 3945
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Beavs getting rebranding?

Post by UofDuck »

I actually like the new logo and uni's. Not a big Orange and Black fan, but that must come from deep in my DNA because I hate gold and purple too. I'm looking at you UW. By gold, I mean UW's khaki.
Post Reply