I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5000
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Phalanx »

FlDuckFan wrote:
UofDuck wrote:I have no idea, but I feel the Poly QB connection he mentioned a few times with O pushes him our way.
Is that really that much of a factor for a kid? People keep pushing it but that seems to be a bit over valued. If anything wouldn't his religious connection with Dabo be a bigger factor ?
I think you are right.

"With Clemson, it’s the spiritual connection I have with the coaching staff,” Uiagalelei said. “From the first time I visited, you can just feel it, you can feel the presence of God there. That’s big for me because as a Christian, I love how open everyone is about it there, there’s nothing to hide and I feel so comfortable there. The football is great obviously and I love the players but my connection with the coaching staff is what separates them."
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by jimmy12 »

CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Merganzer »

jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
Joey Mac will take over for him soon enough, for better or worse.
Image
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
Joey Mac will take over for him soon enough, for better or worse.
I'd say for the worse, Jerry is Jerry. Now that Rondeau is out at uw, Jerry is the elder statesman of Pac-12 sports. He's never called a game following any of the recognized rules of broadcasting, and he's the Homer of Homers. but..Listening to Joey Mac call the MBB games last season made me think that he was picked out of the line waiting to get in to a game and told he was going to announce it instead.
Oregon is renowned for being ahead of the curve, a Brand, I hope that when Jerry does officially retire, Oregon does a search for a top level search for the new "Voice of the Ducks" The guy who does the WBB games Terry Jonz, has some of Jerry's traits, more polished, if they stay in house he should take over. O
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by jimmy12 »

Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
User avatar
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
GM: Orlando Magic GM
Location: Florida

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by FlDuckFan »

jimmy12 wrote:Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
Butterfield?
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by alxtw »

Not sure if announcing on a Sunday, May 5th, is going to help out Clemson because of his love of religion on that team. I hope they took him to some nice church and met with people from the local church while he was in Eugene.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by woundedknees »

From comments made by Mario and others on the staff, it appears there is a fairly strong christian influence with Coach MC and his staff.

At least in the case of MC, he has made it clear that that was a big part of the culture he grew up in.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
Juice
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Juice »

FlDuckFan wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
Butterfield?
Nemec said it was a 5*
Despite a prediction that may disappoint Oregon fans, it’s not all bad news.

The University of Oregon is poised to add a five-star pledge in the coming days.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by greenyellow »

Butterfield isn't a 5* so it's not him. I'd say it's likely Johnny Wilson since it doesn't seem any of the other 5* Oregon has offered are committing soon and/or have Oregon in their top 5-10.
Image
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Duckenstein »

It's got to be Wilson because he's the only 5 star we're in on besides DJU

I still think dju could surprise us but it's looking like 90% Clemson and apparently his mind is made up
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Justin flowe also visited a few a few weeks ago, as did smalls but neither is projected to commit to anyone for a while.
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by GrantDuck »

Johnny Wilson would be sweet!

DJ is going to Clemson, per just about everyone involved in the recruiting game. Great kid, great family. Clemson may have an all-time recruiting class this year.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by mrpd21 »

GrantDuck wrote:Johnny Wilson would be sweet!

DJ is going to Clemson, per just about everyone involved in the recruiting game. Great kid, great family. Clemson may have an all-time recruiting class this year.
Agree. Wilson is my #1 get on offense. So many of our big prospect WR's over the years just didn't pan out. Having a huge body out there like Wilson, if he lives up to the hype, would be incredible for this team.
Post Reply