Page 4 of 7
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:45 pm
by Phalanx
FlDuckFan wrote:UofDuck wrote:I have no idea, but I feel the Poly QB connection he mentioned a few times with O pushes him our way.
Is that really that much of a factor for a kid? People keep pushing it but that seems to be a bit over valued. If anything wouldn't his religious connection with Dabo be a bigger factor ?
I think you are right.
"With Clemson, it’s the spiritual connection I have with the coaching staff,” Uiagalelei said. “From the first time I visited, you can just feel it, you can feel the presence of God there. That’s big for me because as a Christian, I love how open everyone is about it there, there’s nothing to hide and I feel so comfortable there. The football is great obviously and I love the players but my connection with the coaching staff is what separates them."
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm
by jimmy12
CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm
by Merganzer
jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm
by Duck07
Merganzer wrote:jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
Joey Mac will take over for him soon enough, for better or worse.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:56 pm
by Merganzer
Duck07 wrote:Merganzer wrote:jimmy12 wrote:CBs flying in for Jay Butterfield to Ducks. (Not a bad second option)
It will be a lot easier for Jerry Allen to pronounce Butterfield, than Uiagalelei.
Joey Mac will take over for him soon enough, for better or worse.
I'd say for the worse, Jerry is Jerry. Now that Rondeau is out at uw, Jerry is the elder statesman of Pac-12 sports. He's never called a game following any of the recognized rules of broadcasting, and he's the Homer of Homers. but..Listening to Joey Mac call the MBB games last season made me think that he was picked out of the line waiting to get in to a game and told he was going to announce it instead.
Oregon is renowned for being ahead of the curve, a Brand, I hope that when Jerry does officially retire, Oregon does a search for a top level search for the new "Voice of the Ducks" The guy who does the WBB games Terry Jonz, has some of Jerry's traits, more polished, if they stay in house he should take over. O
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 pm
by jimmy12
Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:40 am
by FlDuckFan
jimmy12 wrote:Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
Butterfield?
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:58 am
by alxtw
Not sure if announcing on a Sunday, May 5th, is going to help out Clemson because of his love of religion on that team. I hope they took him to some nice church and met with people from the local church while he was in Eugene.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:33 am
by woundedknees
From comments made by Mario and others on the staff, it appears there is a fairly strong christian influence with Coach MC and his staff.
At least in the case of MC, he has made it clear that that was a big part of the culture he grew up in.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:12 am
by Juice
FlDuckFan wrote:jimmy12 wrote:Nemec just referenced the BIG fish commit that i heard about... still dont know who it is
Butterfield?
Nemec said it was a 5*
Despite a prediction that may disappoint Oregon fans, it’s not all bad news.
The University of Oregon is poised to add a five-star pledge in the coming days.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am
by greenyellow
Butterfield isn't a 5* so it's not him. I'd say it's likely Johnny Wilson since it doesn't seem any of the other 5* Oregon has offered are committing soon and/or have Oregon in their top 5-10.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:53 am
by Duckenstein
It's got to be Wilson because he's the only 5 star we're in on besides DJU
I still think dju could surprise us but it's looking like 90% Clemson and apparently his mind is made up
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:57 am
by lukeyrid13
Justin flowe also visited a few a few weeks ago, as did smalls but neither is projected to commit to anyone for a while.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am
by GrantDuck
Johnny Wilson would be sweet!
DJ is going to Clemson, per just about everyone involved in the recruiting game. Great kid, great family. Clemson may have an all-time recruiting class this year.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:15 pm
by mrpd21
GrantDuck wrote:Johnny Wilson would be sweet!
DJ is going to Clemson, per just about everyone involved in the recruiting game. Great kid, great family. Clemson may have an all-time recruiting class this year.
Agree. Wilson is my #1 get on offense. So many of our big prospect WR's over the years just didn't pan out. Having a huge body out there like Wilson, if he lives up to the hype, would be incredible for this team.