Looks like he's a better recruiter than some people thought. Can't wait to see this class come in. All he needs now is another post player to provide some skill and depth.duckgrad99 wrote:A 5 star recruit before even coaching a game at Oregon. Amazing.
Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Man this class is already looking better than most the classes we had with Ernie. Incredible recruiting so far from Altman. Now let's see what he can do on the court.
Woo! Welcome to Oregon, Jabari.
Woo! Welcome to Oregon, Jabari.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
northbeachsf
- Freshman
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Geez! Rock and roll baby!! Amazing pick up by Altman and Fish
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Here ya boys go... profiles + highlights:
http://ducksattack.com/?p=937
http://ducksattack.com/?p=937

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Who was saying that DA was going to have a bunch of problems and that he couldn't recruit? Might have to go dig through some old posts and see who's eating crow.

-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!
- Boom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5776
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm
- GM: Houston Rockets
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
I feel better.....gofightingducks wrote:I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!
recruiting was the only question mark for Altman
I thought we would find out in the 2011 & 2012 recruiting cycle if he could indeed turn around are program or not.
He's off to a good start.... He needs to finish with some quality bigs now.
- dd10snoop28
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
- GM: New Jersey Nets GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Jabari Brown went to Findlay Prep, which is the same school that former Portland native Nigel Williams-Goss went to.
I think they played on the same team when they came to the Nike Hoop Summit at Liberty HS. Might be some connections there.
I think they played on the same team when they came to the Nike Hoop Summit at Liberty HS. Might be some connections there.

- dd10snoop28
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
- GM: New Jersey Nets GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Found some stats of his in the Nike Hoop Summit this summer(3 or 4 games):
21.7ppg
5.0rpg
5.7apg
1.0spg
1.3topg
37.5 FG %
20.0% 3pt %
83 FT %
Nigel Williams-Goss was actually on an opposing USA team, but I found it interesting that Austin Keumper was on the same team as Jabari Parker in this tournament. Coincidence? I think not.
21.7ppg
5.0rpg
5.7apg
1.0spg
1.3topg
37.5 FG %
20.0% 3pt %
83 FT %
Nigel Williams-Goss was actually on an opposing USA team, but I found it interesting that Austin Keumper was on the same team as Jabari Parker in this tournament. Coincidence? I think not.

-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11007
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Lets see looking at ESPN we have a 4* PG in Barron, a 3* SG Kingma, a 3* C/PF Kuemper and a 5* stud in Brown, now rated 14th class in the country! Compare that to the Dunnigan class with one 5* and 3 3* and 1 2*. Great job by the coaching staff, now go land Pelle (5* PF) and this will be perhaps the best class in UO history.
I thought Pudge said Altman couldn't recruit?
I thought Pudge said Altman couldn't recruit?
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
I watched it today and I thought they were we hashing old news
(I got him confused with Baron
)...man this is HUGE NEWS! DA is putting together a pretty damn nice team! Next year we need a SF/PF and C and this could be one hell of a team!
Damn I would have gotten more excited early...damn it!
My focus is on FB right now...
Damn I would have gotten more excited early...damn it!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Heckuva diff recruiting to a decent PAC10 school and the middle of Nebraska, methinks!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8649
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks
.
Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks.
Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.

-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8649
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?
By exciting I don't necessarily mean successful. They'll just be fun to watch regardless of if they're winning a ton of games or not.greenyellow wrote:I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks.
Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
That said I think, depending on how this class finishes out, we'll have a chance to be pretty good by their frosh year. I think we'll have a good enough mix of talented vets like Singler, Armstead, JJ & Williams to go along with the great young talent.
