Page 4 of 5

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:41 pm
by greenyellow
duckgrad99 wrote:A 5 star recruit before even coaching a game at Oregon. Amazing.
Looks like he's a better recruiter than some people thought. Can't wait to see this class come in. All he needs now is another post player to provide some skill and depth.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:46 pm
by UOducksTK1
Man this class is already looking better than most the classes we had with Ernie. Incredible recruiting so far from Altman. Now let's see what he can do on the court.

Woo! Welcome to Oregon, Jabari.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm
by northbeachsf
Geez! Rock and roll baby!! Amazing pick up by Altman and Fish

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm
by UOducksTK1
Here ya boys go... profiles + highlights:
http://ducksattack.com/?p=937

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:49 pm
by Duck07
Who was saying that DA was going to have a bunch of problems and that he couldn't recruit? Might have to go dig through some old posts and see who's eating crow.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm
by gofightingducks
I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:41 pm
by Boom
gofightingducks wrote:I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!
I feel better.....

recruiting was the only question mark for Altman

I thought we would find out in the 2011 & 2012 recruiting cycle if he could indeed turn around are program or not.

He's off to a good start.... He needs to finish with some quality bigs now.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm
by dd10snoop28
Jabari Brown went to Findlay Prep, which is the same school that former Portland native Nigel Williams-Goss went to.

I think they played on the same team when they came to the Nike Hoop Summit at Liberty HS. Might be some connections there.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:53 pm
by dd10snoop28
Found some stats of his in the Nike Hoop Summit this summer(3 or 4 games):
21.7ppg
5.0rpg
5.7apg
1.0spg
1.3topg
37.5 FG %
20.0% 3pt %
83 FT %


Nigel Williams-Goss was actually on an opposing USA team, but I found it interesting that Austin Keumper was on the same team as Jabari Parker in this tournament. Coincidence? I think not.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:14 pm
by buckmarkduck
Lets see looking at ESPN we have a 4* PG in Barron, a 3* SG Kingma, a 3* C/PF Kuemper and a 5* stud in Brown, now rated 14th class in the country! Compare that to the Dunnigan class with one 5* and 3 3* and 1 2*. Great job by the coaching staff, now go land Pelle (5* PF) and this will be perhaps the best class in UO history.

I thought Pudge said Altman couldn't recruit? :lol:

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm
by briarduck
I watched it today and I thought they were we hashing old news :lol: (I got him confused with Baron :roll: )...man this is HUGE NEWS! DA is putting together a pretty damn nice team! Next year we need a SF/PF and C and this could be one hell of a team!

Damn I would have gotten more excited early...damn it! :lol: My focus is on FB right now...

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:57 pm
by woundedknees
Heckuva diff recruiting to a decent PAC10 school and the middle of Nebraska, methinks!

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:18 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:42 pm
by greenyellow
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:17 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
greenyellow wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.
By exciting I don't necessarily mean successful. They'll just be fun to watch regardless of if they're winning a ton of games or not.

That said I think, depending on how this class finishes out, we'll have a chance to be pretty good by their frosh year. I think we'll have a good enough mix of talented vets like Singler, Armstead, JJ & Williams to go along with the great young talent.