ALso, for those curious, Biggins is a big USC homer.greenyellow wrote:So it looks like Ford could still potentially be had if he doesn't like the status of the offensive staff:
Potential late period signees/visitors
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
- UofO8
- Senior
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Kingsbury is officially going to the Cardinals, though I still don't think Ford leaves USC.

- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
We're getting Puka's last visit. He's also visiting UW and UCLA. He's related to the Sewells and they (including 2020 4* LB Noah Sewell) are always saying good things about Oregon.
All according to JHop.
All according to JHop.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Have any other players surfaced because of this USC fallout? I've heard that a few more are now in play.
(Side note, I think the timing of this Kingsbury saga is almost worse than Slick Willie's antics at Oregon. Why? He essentially saved Clay Helton's job and now they are left with a bad class from the early signing period (yes, they added two 5*'s...for now) and no direction for offense. What OC is going to come in with essentially 1 year to prove their worth before Helton is fired? What recruit on the fence is going to sign with so much uncertainty. Yes, there are recruits who are just USC kids. Bru is one. Ford very well have been another, but the ones are the fence... not a chance. They are screwed for 2-3 years. This year, Helton likely canned next year, new coach and staff and then start over.
(Side note, I think the timing of this Kingsbury saga is almost worse than Slick Willie's antics at Oregon. Why? He essentially saved Clay Helton's job and now they are left with a bad class from the early signing period (yes, they added two 5*'s...for now) and no direction for offense. What OC is going to come in with essentially 1 year to prove their worth before Helton is fired? What recruit on the fence is going to sign with so much uncertainty. Yes, there are recruits who are just USC kids. Bru is one. Ford very well have been another, but the ones are the fence... not a chance. They are screwed for 2-3 years. This year, Helton likely canned next year, new coach and staff and then start over.
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Just keep eye on Urban Meyer after this next year. USC will pursue him.
-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4653
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
I have a feeling about that, too.GoDucksIn09 wrote:Just keep eye on Urban Meyer after this next year. USC will pursue him.
John 3:36
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Puka has a highlight tape I can't find now that shows him high pointing a ball over 3 defenders in the end zone. That's what I want!
Ford is supposed to be amazing but every time I watch puka's tape, I'd rather have him.
Ford is supposed to be amazing but every time I watch puka's tape, I'd rather have him.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Simple answer... Take 'em both, then wait to see what comes out in the wash.TualatinDuck wrote:Puka has a highlight tape I can't find now that shows him high pointing a ball over 3 defenders in the end zone. That's what I want!
Ford is supposed to be amazing but every time I watch puka's tape, I'd rather have him.
BTW, Puka had the Utah state record for receiving this year - 26 TD/2,336 yards/166.9 YPG/103 receptions/22.7 YPC, all while maintaining a 3.34 GPA.
According to MaxPreps, Nacua was also the NATIONAL leader in reception yards.
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/stat_leade ... s,football
Compare that to Kyle Ford, in 5 games, prior to injuring his knee:
7 TD'/456 yards/91.2 YPG/29 receptions/ 15.7 YPC
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-fo ... -stats.htm
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Ford is obviously a 5 star for a reason, however I watched a 7 on 7 where it seems like Pittman was the much better receiver. I don’t know what goes into the decision of stars but I think a ton of Fords is his size and potential for growth.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Ford dominated the Opening like no on ever has. He shredded everyone.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.

-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
I'm fine with getting an anyone they can 4* safety.greenyellow wrote:Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
These are crazy times we're living in, where a 4-star safety from Florida is a back up option.greenyellow wrote:Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40590
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
Weird that he hasn't taken any official visits yet. But he seems pretty highly recruited. Michigan and Oregon are getting two of his officials as of now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Potential late period signees/visitors
6'2" is OK... 170-ish? Maybe not so much! 
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


