Page 5 of 7

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm
by StevensTechU
greenyellow wrote:So it looks like Ford could still potentially be had if he doesn't like the status of the offensive staff:
ALso, for those curious, Biggins is a big USC homer.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm
by UofO8
Kingsbury is officially going to the Cardinals, though I still don't think Ford leaves USC.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:05 am
by Phenom
We're getting Puka's last visit. He's also visiting UW and UCLA. He's related to the Sewells and they (including 2020 4* LB Noah Sewell) are always saying good things about Oregon.

All according to JHop.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 am
by jimmy12
Have any other players surfaced because of this USC fallout? I've heard that a few more are now in play.

(Side note, I think the timing of this Kingsbury saga is almost worse than Slick Willie's antics at Oregon. Why? He essentially saved Clay Helton's job and now they are left with a bad class from the early signing period (yes, they added two 5*'s...for now) and no direction for offense. What OC is going to come in with essentially 1 year to prove their worth before Helton is fired? What recruit on the fence is going to sign with so much uncertainty. Yes, there are recruits who are just USC kids. Bru is one. Ford very well have been another, but the ones are the fence... not a chance. They are screwed for 2-3 years. This year, Helton likely canned next year, new coach and staff and then start over.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 am
by GoDucksIn09
Just keep eye on Urban Meyer after this next year. USC will pursue him.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm
by SuperDuck
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Just keep eye on Urban Meyer after this next year. USC will pursue him.
I have a feeling about that, too.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:55 pm
by TualatinDuck
Puka has a highlight tape I can't find now that shows him high pointing a ball over 3 defenders in the end zone. That's what I want!

Ford is supposed to be amazing but every time I watch puka's tape, I'd rather have him.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm
by woundedknees
TualatinDuck wrote:Puka has a highlight tape I can't find now that shows him high pointing a ball over 3 defenders in the end zone. That's what I want!

Ford is supposed to be amazing but every time I watch puka's tape, I'd rather have him.
Simple answer... Take 'em both, then wait to see what comes out in the wash.

BTW, Puka had the Utah state record for receiving this year - 26 TD/2,336 yards/166.9 YPG/103 receptions/22.7 YPC, all while maintaining a 3.34 GPA.

According to MaxPreps, Nacua was also the NATIONAL leader in reception yards.

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/stat_leade ... s,football

Compare that to Kyle Ford, in 5 games, prior to injuring his knee:

7 TD'/456 yards/91.2 YPG/29 receptions/ 15.7 YPC

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-fo ... -stats.htm

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:08 pm
by brich75
Ford is obviously a 5 star for a reason, however I watched a 7 on 7 where it seems like Pittman was the much better receiver. I don’t know what goes into the decision of stars but I think a ton of Fords is his size and potential for growth.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 pm
by Phenom
Ford dominated the Opening like no on ever has. He shredded everyone.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am
by greenyellow
Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 pm
by Merganzer
greenyellow wrote:Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.
I'm fine with getting an anyone they can 4* safety.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm
by GoDucksTroll
greenyellow wrote:Another new visitor, 4* S Josh Sanguinetti, has been added for the week of January 25th. Hadn't really seen Oregon's name connected to him (they didn't make his top 8 back in September) so it seems they're just going after anyone they can to fill that final safety spot.
These are crazy times we're living in, where a 4-star safety from Florida is a back up option.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:04 pm
by UOducksTK1
Weird that he hasn't taken any official visits yet. But he seems pretty highly recruited. Michigan and Oregon are getting two of his officials as of now.

Re: Potential late period signees/visitors

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm
by woundedknees
6'2" is OK... 170-ish? Maybe not so much! ;)