Page 5 of 10
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:35 pm
by karlhungis
Hopefully Oklahoma's coach is a good motivator. Those guys have the body language of a team that is about to give up and get boat raced.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:18 pm
by OregonFan4Life
As expected Gonzaga rolls through Oklahoma. I wonder if Creighton can put up any fight against Gonzaga assuming they beat Ohio, which at this point assuming the higher seed will win in this tourney is pretty foolish.
Seems like Oregon will have to go through Gonzaga to get to the Final Four, as much as I love this team, I believe they can beat anyone not named Gonzaga. Given Gonzaga's strengths, it seems unlikely Oregon would be able to beat them if they meet in the Elite Eight.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:26 pm
by duckfan22
OregonFan4Life wrote:As expected Gonzaga rolls through Oklahoma. I wonder if Creighton can put up any fight against Gonzaga assuming they beat Ohio, which at this point assuming the higher seed will win in this tourney is pretty foolish.
Seems like Oregon will have to go through Gonzaga to get to the Final Four, as much as I love this team, I believe they can beat anyone not named Gonzaga. Given Gonzaga's strengths, it seems unlikely Oregon would be able to beat them if they meet in the Elite Eight.
You may be right but never sell Altman short. He's really good this time of year
game planning. It is march MADNESS ya know.... go ducks
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm
by StevensTechU
I have no hope for either Ohio or Creighton beating Gonzaga. I don't like the Ducks' chances, but I will say that a victory over the Zags would be a heck of a feather in the cap when Altman has to recruit against Few next.
That's a discussion for another time, though. Oregon's got a Sweet 16 game to prepare for against USC or Kansas. Both will be a big challenge but both are beatable. Let's go ducks
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:38 pm
by rentdodger
Alan wrote:Congrats to the Beavs! Cinderella?
It’s not unreasonable to see OSU get to the final four. There is not a team left in the Midwest region that the beavers can’t realistically take out. Probably the best path of any remaining pac-12 team.
OSU-Loyola will be a war down low and the beavers simply have more big bodies to throw at that big Loyola center.
.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:41 pm
by karlhungis
UCLA is crushing Abilene
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm
by StevensTechU
After seeing what the Loyola center did against Illinois' center, who is far more talented than anyone the Beavs have, I wouldn't count him out.
I think it will be an awesome game. Both play outstanding defense. A guy like Alatishe who can go over top of anyone on the court could be the difference. Also, just a tangent- I have no idea why Reichel (sp?) ever sees the court. Can't shoot. Can't dribble. Can't defend. Just a total waste of space on the court.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:45 pm
by rentdodger
StevensTechU wrote:I have no hope for either Ohio or Creighton beating Gonzaga. I don't like the Ducks' chances, but I will say that a victory over the Zags would be a heck of a feather in the cap when Altman has to recruit against Few next.
That's a discussion for another time, though. Oregon's got a Sweet 16 game to prepare for against USC or Kansas. Both will be a big challenge but both are beatable. Let's go ducks
Just takes one game. If it was 3-5 game series no one in the field would have any shot.. If Oregon presses and shoots like today, they have a punchers chance. As referenced, have to win the next one to get there.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:01 pm
by Phalanx
It looks like UCLA is about to make it three Pac 12 teams in the Sweet 16, with USC and Colorado still to play. A fourth would make it 25% of the remaining tournament, and if that fourth was USC, there would be a guaranteed Pac 12 team in the Elite 8. Not bad for what was supposedly not a major conference anymore.
Amusing listening to the excuses from the announcers in all the games regarding the abject failure of the Big 10 in this tournament. "Oh, you have to understand that they beat each other up every night in the Big 10". Yeah, because no other conference has to play each other all season. Oregon had to play a bunch of sweet 16 teams. How about you, Michigan? I don't see any so far.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm
by greenyellow
Colorado looking like they may be the first Pac-12 team to lose as they're struggling against FSU.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:40 pm
by OregonFan4Life
greenyellow wrote:Colorado looking like they may be the first Pac-12 team to lose as they're struggling against FSU.
Yeah which doesn’t surprise me. Coming into today I thought Colorado had the best chance of losing. I feel like they’re the only PAC-12 team not under-seeded (I think they might be over-seeded) and FSU is under-seeded.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:49 pm
by karlhungis
Do we match up better with USC or Kansas?
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm
by greenyellow
Mobley is just killing Kansas tonight.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:47 pm
by Bighonkingduck
greenyellow wrote:Mobley is just killing Kansas tonight.
You misspelled Mobleys
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:59 pm
by Phalanx
Nobody in the media talking about the fact that the only thing that can stop the Pac 12 is the selection committee pitting them against each other in the round of 16. Any other power conference would be throwing a public fit over this by now. The top two finishers in the Pac 12 should have been in different regions, much less different brackets.
USC looks really tough in this game. I'd way rather play Kansas.