Page 5 of 14

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:41 pm
by alxtw
Are we still in the mix for conerly?

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 am
by jimmy12
alxtw wrote:Are we still in the mix for conerly?

There have been rumors that is meant to be on campus. I am not sure when, but with things at UW looking shaky, there may be an opening.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 am
by jimmy12

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:11 am
by Duck07
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm
by StevensTechU
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:44 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:47 am
by jimmy12
jimmy12 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.

found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:46 pm
by greenyellow
It was only extended past the usual 85 for this year; teams must get back to normal levels by next season.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:27 pm
by alxtw
jimmy12 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.

found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/
https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-d-i-c ... GwQvo6YDt/

Same information as the page you posted, except for this additional detail to the limit waiver:

This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 am
by StevensTechU
Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:01 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
Concern that he was among the leaders of the TX movement.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.

I am also hearing that the Ducks are backing off Winston (looking at UCLA) and Percy Lewis (Mississippi schools).

There will be room here and I believe these visits are showing that....

I am ok with all the above.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am
by StevensTechU
Apologies for being a broken record, but Winston is a long shot to ever be a contributor at the Pac-12 level. Percy Lewis was a luxury selection, I thought, until Kingsley suddenly entered the portal. Now, I don't know who our tackles are next year, but if it's Conerly or Lewis, then definitely take Conerly.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 pm
by buckmarkduck
Witford said that we lead for both Moss and Kelly. Both would be huge gets.

Re: Dream Finish

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:04 am
by alxtw
StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
Are they giving him the boot in order to make a spot open for darrius clemons or colemon, if they are still recruiting them?