Page 6 of 7
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 am
by karlhungis
SuperDuck wrote:What time is DJ's commitment today?
Isn't it just an announcement of when his commitment will be announced? Or is he actually committing?
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 am
by Tray Dub
He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:12 am
by karlhungis
Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:23 am
by greenyellow
karlhungis wrote:Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.
It's basically all-Clemson in the predictions for him so start hoping Oregon gets Butterfield.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:09 am
by Duck07
Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm
by rsbgduck
Duck07 wrote:Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.
The last big recruiting battle with Bama turned out ok
I understand what you mean. Remember though, how many yrs was bama a middle/bottom of the SEC before Saben came in and brought them back to dominance. It takes time to build sustainability and we have never been Bama which makes what MC and company are doing so very impressive. IMO, it takes much longer and is harder to build a consistent championship (conference/NYD Bowls/NC) program than it does to build a NC contending team once.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:53 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?
That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:40 pm
by Phalanx
I kind of wonder if the woman's basketball player was just cover for a bad piece of intel. Seems very silly otherwise.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm
by Duck07
What if PaoPao is not the 5 star he wrote about?
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:12 pm
by Merganzer
GoDucksTroll wrote:Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?
That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:13 pm
by jimmy12
It is
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:41 pm
by OregonFan4Life
I don’t have Twitter but I hope duck fans pour it on Nemec and don’t let him get away with that crap. That whole BS about not mentioning sport and trying to avoid admitting to his poker journalism is pathetic, especially since he claims those fans calling him out aren’t duck fans.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 pm
by jimmy12
He’s saying he never alluded to it being a football commit. He’s now calling out individual twitter posters as seemingly sexist or biased. It’s pretty bad. I listened to his pod and various interviews and he always talked about that commit while discussing football recruiting. Really poor form in my opinion.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 pm
by StevensTechU
I've said this before, but I have a lot of mutual friends with Andy Nemec, and he's a giant bag of s***.
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 am
by rsbgduck
You can put makeup on a pig and it’s still a pig, just a pig with makeup. When he created that rumor he knew exactly what he was doing.