Page 6 of 14
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:24 am
by jimmy12
One of the posters here, who knows Clemons well (you'll have to trust me here) says that he doesn't work hard, has a terrible attitude and isn't as good as advertised. Knowing what I know about how he knows all these things, I believe him. I say, PASS.
We are good at WR.
My dream finish:
Defense:
Lucas (DL)
https://247sports.com/player/anthony-lucas-46097888/
Moss (edge)
https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
Kelly (dl)
https://247sports.com/player/nyjalik-kelly-46098949/
Scott (cb)
https://247sports.com/player/keionte-scott-46116368/
Berry (s)
https://247sports.com/player/zeke-berry-46086774/
Offense:
Conerly:
https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
Decommits coming Winston and Lewis (most likely)
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Se ... l/Commits/
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:51 am
by ncduck
Shocking twist: the mystery person IS Clemons!!
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:41 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Have we ever seen a local 4-star we could get that someone around them didn’t hate? Maybe Hufanga, who we couldn’t get.
Last year it was Keith Brown, and he’s okay for a true freshman, probable starter in his career.
La’Mar Winston got a lot of hate, solid contributor.
We didn’t want Chase Cota and be wound up better than the receivers we did get.
Clemons moved to Utah for one year because he didn’t want to miss the Covid season, that shows some dedication. Maybe the person is right, but it’s so hard to tell with kids. Clemons looks like he puts in the work.
I don’t think we absolutely need a fourth WR with McMillan, Sategna, and Johnson. Unless we have a mass exodus and TMac goes to Arizona, which sounds like a dumb move if I’ve ever heard one. I really like TMac’s QB, the 5’11” Noah Fifita committed to Arizona. I’d take him over Bailey if it also involved the TE teammate. It doesn’t hurt having the best WR/TE combo in high school football, but after Anthony Brown I’m impressed with anyone who can chuck a football more than 25 yards.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:23 pm
by StevensTechU
Anderson officially flips to Oklahoma. Good player. Opens up a spot for the Ducks that they can use, though.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:38 pm
by UOducksTK1
Bummer, but WR is stacked with young guys already. Can't blame him.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:44 pm
by StevensTechU
It will be interesting to see if Oregon uses his spot for another receiver (Clemons, Coleman), or another position. There are definitely positions thinner on young talent than WR.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:03 pm
by buckmarkduck
Really want Coleman. Need the speed
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:06 pm
by HomeSickDuck
buckmarkduck wrote:Really want Coleman. Need the speed
Clemons has a faster 40 time by about .3 seconds
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:05 pm
by HomeSickDuck
Sounds like Sategna is flipping to Arkansas. Wonder if this is the coaches making room
Or what, with both him and Anderson flipping.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 pm
by StevensTechU
Sategna is flipping according to whom?
FWIW, Cristobal was re-tweeting Sategna's stuff as recently as this week. Doesn't scream 'roster management' but you never know.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:37 pm
by HomeSickDuck
StevensTechU wrote:Sategna is flipping according to whom?
FWIW, Cristobal was re-tweeting Sategna's stuff as recently as this week. Doesn't scream 'roster management' but you never know.
He got six crystal balls the past two days. It’s not always 100%, but where there’s smoke there’s fire. Wiltfong, Huffman and Biggins all have him flipping.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:52 pm
by StevensTechU
Oh yea, then I'd say it's close to a sure thing. Interesting. Like I said, I don't think this is roster management, though, even though it doesn't hurt all that bad.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:55 pm
by Phalanx
Well, at least the receiver exodus explains why Clemons was visiting last weekend. I was trying to figure out why he would be there if there wasn't any room for him.
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:31 pm
by HomeSickDuck
Anyone know our chances with Zeke Berry?
Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 pm
by StevensTechU
HomeSickDuck wrote:Anyone know our chances with Zeke Berry?
High