2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:I've loved seeing the "reseeding" articles. One had the Pac 12 ranked 12-15 with only Creighton as the 16 seed. Another didn't have a single Pac 12 team in the Top 8.

Maybe with 1/3 of the League in the Sweet 16 there should have been a Pac 12 team ranked in the Top 4.
It's intolerable. Even if you just seeded the tournament based on record, regardless of conference or SOS, it would be better than the crap they've thrown out.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15151
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Will the pathetic media bias against the Pac-12 get any better if the Pac-12 hires a competent commissioner?
Image
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

Oregon State vs Loyola Chicago this morning is like the immovable object vs. the immovable object. Wouldn't be surprised if neither team surpasses 60 points. Going to watch a lot of possessions end with hoisted 3 pointers, I'm guessing.
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Tray Dub »

StevensTechU wrote:Oregon State vs Loyola Chicago this morning is like the immovable object vs. the immovable object. Wouldn't be surprised if neither team surpasses 60 points. Going to watch a lot of possessions end with hoisted 3 pointers, I'm guessing.
Neither team in double-digits through ten minutes... good call.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by greenyellow »

Might be first to 40 or 50 with the way both teams are playing.
Image
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15151
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by OregonFan4Life »

So jealous of the Beavs drawing an ice cold Loyola Chicago in the Sweet Sixteen. Not like the Beavs defense is doing anything, Loyola just can't make anything. If Oregon could get so lucky.

I was rooting for Beavs but I simply cannot, their fans annoy me. I already have a Beaver coworker talking trash about the Beavs and the worst part is she isn't watching the game, she's asking for score updates since I have it playing in the background. I knew if they made it farther than the Ducks in the tourney they'd be even more unbearable than they already are. Beavs got a way easier pathway so far than the Ducks.
Image
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15151
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by OregonFan4Life »

In my anti-Beaver opinion, Loyola is a much better team. They've played much tougher defense and have very good movement on offense. Beaves just had one good run and are coasting off that while Loyola can't make anything.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like the Beavers might be about to choke this game away. C'mon guys.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by greenyellow »

That three by Lucas was the dagger.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Phalanx »

Phew! That was a great three by Lucas, and some nice rebounding and free throw shooting to close it out. Beavs in the Elite eight. Hopefully the Ducks can join them.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks really needs to win tomorrow as Beaver fans will be insufferable if they advance but Oregon doesn't.
Image
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.

Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
User avatar
Alan
Senior
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Alan »

I know there are plenty of Beaver haters here but wow! Great job Beavs! Elite 8, what a great tournament for Duck and Beaver fans! Come on Ducks!
User avatar
Alan
Senior
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.

Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
I didn’t look, what was the line on this game?
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by Phalanx »

I'm not worried about Beavers being insufferable; I'm thrilled they are doing so well. I think they have a good shot in the next round as well. Their draw in this tournament has been phenomenal. The Ducks got a terrible draw this year, but unlike the Beavers, we can probably look forward to more years with better luck. Let the Beavs have their moment.
Post Reply