Page 7 of 10
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:30 am
by StevensTechU
Duck07 wrote:I've loved seeing the "reseeding" articles. One had the Pac 12 ranked 12-15 with only Creighton as the 16 seed. Another didn't have a single Pac 12 team in the Top 8.
Maybe with 1/3 of the League in the Sweet 16 there should have been a Pac 12 team ranked in the Top 4.
It's intolerable. Even if you just seeded the tournament based on record, regardless of conference or SOS, it would be better than the crap they've thrown out.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:29 am
by OregonFan4Life
Will the pathetic media bias against the Pac-12 get any better if the Pac-12 hires a competent commissioner?
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 am
by StevensTechU
Oregon State vs Loyola Chicago this morning is like the immovable object vs. the immovable object. Wouldn't be surprised if neither team surpasses 60 points. Going to watch a lot of possessions end with hoisted 3 pointers, I'm guessing.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:09 pm
by Tray Dub
StevensTechU wrote:Oregon State vs Loyola Chicago this morning is like the immovable object vs. the immovable object. Wouldn't be surprised if neither team surpasses 60 points. Going to watch a lot of possessions end with hoisted 3 pointers, I'm guessing.
Neither team in double-digits through ten minutes... good call.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:35 pm
by greenyellow
Might be first to 40 or 50 with the way both teams are playing.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:22 pm
by OregonFan4Life
So jealous of the Beavs drawing an ice cold Loyola Chicago in the Sweet Sixteen. Not like the Beavs defense is doing anything, Loyola just can't make anything. If Oregon could get so lucky.
I was rooting for Beavs but I simply cannot, their fans annoy me. I already have a Beaver coworker talking trash about the Beavs and the worst part is she isn't watching the game, she's asking for score updates since I have it playing in the background. I knew if they made it farther than the Ducks in the tourney they'd be even more unbearable than they already are. Beavs got a way easier pathway so far than the Ducks.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:41 pm
by OregonFan4Life
In my anti-Beaver opinion, Loyola is a much better team. They've played much tougher defense and have very good movement on offense. Beaves just had one good run and are coasting off that while Loyola can't make anything.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 pm
by Phalanx
Looks like the Beavers might be about to choke this game away. C'mon guys.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:46 pm
by greenyellow
That three by Lucas was the dagger.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:50 pm
by Phalanx
Phew! That was a great three by Lucas, and some nice rebounding and free throw shooting to close it out. Beavs in the Elite eight. Hopefully the Ducks can join them.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:53 pm
by greenyellow
Ducks really needs to win tomorrow as Beaver fans will be insufferable if they advance but Oregon doesn't.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm
by StevensTechU
Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.
Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 pm
by Alan
I know there are plenty of Beaver haters here but wow! Great job Beavs! Elite 8, what a great tournament for Duck and Beaver fans! Come on Ducks!
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:59 pm
by Alan
StevensTechU wrote:Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.
Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
I didn’t look, what was the line on this game?
Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:01 pm
by Phalanx
I'm not worried about Beavers being insufferable; I'm thrilled they are doing so well. I think they have a good shot in the next round as well. Their draw in this tournament has been phenomenal. The Ducks got a terrible draw this year, but unlike the Beavers, we can probably look forward to more years with better luck. Let the Beavs have their moment.