Blazers/Mavericks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Blazers/Mavericks

Post by oregontrack »

The other Blazer thread may be a little daunting for anyone who wants to talk playoffs.

The only thing I don't like about this series is that EVERYBODY seems to be saying that Portland will/can pull the upset. Stop talking about it, media.

A lot of matchups favor us, though. Looking forward to it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Re: Blazers/Mavericks

Post by L Perry »

oregontrack wrote:The other Blazer thread may be a little daunting for anyone who wants to talk playoffs.

The only thing I don't like about this series is that EVERYBODY seems to be saying that Portland will/can pull the upset. Stop talking about it, media.

A lot of matchups favor us, though. Looking forward to it.
+1
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I hate hearing the media and all blazer fans claiming that Portland holds the edge in this series. Everytime this happens, we lose haha. I'm just going to say, both teams are really good, series could go either way.

Dallas is certainly no pushover. And this is playoffs basketball, teams like Dallas who have been there before aren't going to let a lower seed team just come in and beat them. This will be a good series.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Can't wait! I think it will be a hard-fought series with us winning in 6. Andre Miller doesn't have to guard a quick point guard, Aldridge is a matchup problem, Camby is back and can make us an elite rebounding team again..and we are due for some good luck.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Those refs were TERRIBBLE, Dirk has no ft's in the first three quarters then just happens to shoot 13 in the fourth. I love to hear Nate call out the refs, expect a fine coming but that's no big deal. Hopefully they can rebound and win on Tuesday, my man Gerald sure looked bad tonight, so hopefully he will play big on Tuesday. One last thing, why wasn't Camby in the final minutes of the game? Not sure it would've matter though with all the ft's Dallas shot though.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time wrote:Those refs were TERRIBBLE, Dirk has no ft's in the first three quarters then just happens to shoot 13 in the fourth. I love to hear Nate call out the refs, expect a fine coming but that's no big deal. Hopefully they can rebound and win on Tuesday, my man Gerald sure looked bad tonight, so hopefully he will play big on Tuesday. One last thing, why wasn't Camby in the final minutes of the game? Not sure it would've matter though with all the ft's Dallas shot though.
That actually is my biggest gripe about that game - he waited until after the game was over to say a thing about it when it won't do a damn thing but to get himself fined. Had he started in during the game when it happens like Phil, Pops or Doc do and the foul discrepancy isn't as bad in the 4th.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

We WILL win this series. As said above, the officiating was horrific, we had a terrible shooting night, and Jason freaking Kidd turned into Ray Allen. I would not expect those last two thing to become trends.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:We WILL win this series. As said above, the officiating was horrific, we had a terrible shooting night, and Jason freaking Kidd turned into Ray Allen. I would not expect those last two thing to become trends.
I didn't think JK could shoot from the outside ever. Hopefully it's his only night of hitting 3s.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
oregontrack wrote:We WILL win this series. As said above, the officiating was horrific, we had a terrible shooting night, and Jason freaking Kidd turned into Ray Allen. I would not expect those last two thing to become trends.
I didn't think JK could shoot from the outside ever. Hopefully it's his only night of hitting 3s.
Player 3FGA 3FG% 3FGM
1. Ray Allen 6,554 .399 2,612
2. Reggie Miller 6,486 .395 2,560
3. Jason Kidd 5,153 .348 1,795
4. Peja Stojakovic 4,392 .401 1,760

5. Chauncey Billups 4,462 .389 1,735
6. Dale Ellis 4,266 .403 1,719
7. Rashard Lewis 4,293 .390 1,674
8. Jason Terry 4,341 .380 1,650

All season long Portland has been hurt by leaving guys wide open outside. Portland is also the 2nd worst shooting team in the playoffs (Indiana is worse overall fg% and Memphis worse 3pt %) so expecting Portland to have a "good shooting" night still means mediocrity.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I apologize, I should have clarified. I meant shooting from behind the arc. PDX was 2/16, Rudy had one late in the 1st quarter (I think) and we didn't hit another until Batum drilled one over the Matrix with about 20 seconds left.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Player 3FGA 3FG% 3FGM
1. Ray Allen 6,554 .399 2,612
2. Reggie Miller 6,486 .395 2,560
3. Jason Kidd 5,153 .348 1,795
4. Peja Stojakovic 4,392 .401 1,760

5. Chauncey Billups 4,462 .389 1,735
6. Dale Ellis 4,266 .403 1,719
7. Rashard Lewis 4,293 .390 1,674
8. Jason Terry 4,341 .380 1,650

All season long Portland has been hurt by leaving guys wide open outside. Portland is also the 2nd worst shooting team in the playoffs (Indiana is worse overall fg% and Memphis worse 3pt %) so expecting Portland to have a "good shooting" night still means mediocrity.
Real surprised by where Jason Kidd rates on that list since every announcer and analyst has said he's not the most consistent 3-pt shooter.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Reffing was bad, but Blazers were up by 6 with 5 minutes left and couldn't convert an easy fastbreak opportunity to push the lead, and really failed to put the game away.

Gerald Wallace sucks at leading fast breaks, he blew 3 or 4 that game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Reffing was bad, but Blazers were up by 6 with 5 minutes left and couldn't convert an easy fastbreak opportunity to push the lead, and really failed to put the game away.

Gerald Wallace sucks at leading fast breaks, he blew 3 or 4 that game.
Well, that was a bad play, but it was only one bad play. We failed to put the game away in large part because if sweat inadvertently brushed Dirk's arm an official was ready and willing to blow a whistle, but the same courtesy was not extended on the other side of the court.

And, Jason mother f***ing Kidd.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Well that was a much better result! :)
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:Those refs were TERRIBBLE, Dirk has no ft's in the first three quarters then just happens to shoot 13 in the fourth. I love to hear Nate call out the refs, expect a fine coming but that's no big deal. Hopefully they can rebound and win on Tuesday, my man Gerald sure looked bad tonight, so hopefully he will play big on Tuesday. One last thing, why wasn't Camby in the final minutes of the game? Not sure it would've matter though with all the ft's Dallas shot though.
This is EXACTLY why I don't watch the NBA anymore. The refereeing is not based on rules, it's based on everything BUT the rules. WHERE the game is being played, WHICH game of the series is being played, WHO is coaching for each team, WHICH REF has a hard-on for WHICH Coach, WHICH superstar is driving to the hoop in the final minute, HOW MUCH TIME is left on the clock, WHO is the lead referee?...

I could go on forever, but it just solidifies my point. As a former high school referee it makes me sick to my stomach to see how much the refereeing in the NBA is all about entertainment and making sure the largest tv bases are represented in the finals to a GREAT extent.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine